If you're feeling a bit lazy today like I am and just need a quick and easy dessert recipe you're in the right place! 🙂
I love a good cake mix dump recipe and this one is perfect for holiday baking. 🙂 Just change out your sprinkles and chocolate candies and these Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for any occasion.
How to make cookies out of a cake mix?
This couldn't be any easier! A typical cake mix cookie recipe is really just dump, mix, bake and eat.
What kind of cake mix can you use?
For this recipe we're using a white store bought cake mix, but you could definitely use a yellow cake mix or chocolate cake mix and not go wrong. I bet you could even use one of our homemade yellow or chocolate cake mixes as well!
Variations for cake mix cookies?
The variations for cake mix cookies are endless! I'm thinking for fall a good spice cake with white chocolate chips would be divine. Oh, or a strawberry cake mix with white and chocolate chips. Or what about a chocolate cake mix with 3 different types of chocolate chips, yum yum!! You get the picture. Use your imagination and the combinations are limitless!
To make these Cake Mix Cookies you need a white cake mix, 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and some fun mix ins (sprinkles and chocolate candies in red and blue for a patriotic theme).
Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil until fairly smooth (you might see a few lumps but that's ok).
Add in your mix ins ~ get creative here for whatever occasion you're making these for. The kiddos will love to help with this part. 🙂
Drop dough with a cookie scoop or tablespoon onto some parchment paper then bake in a 350°F oven for about 10-12 minutes.
Try not to eat those candies right off the top, hehe!
Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz box white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mix ins - ¼ cup each of red and blue jimmie sprinkles, ¼ cup white chocolate chips or ¼ cup red and blue chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and oil. Slowly stir in additional mix-ins, if desired.
- Evenly divide dough with cookie scoop or tablespoon.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack, cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you enjoyed this cake mix cookie recipe, be sure to check out our Cake Mix Banana Bread!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.