FREE WORK PLANNER
This easy Cake Mix Banana Bread is sure to become a family favorite once you give it a try. It only takes a few ingredients too!
Cake Mix Banana Bread
If you're challenging yourself to “not spend” or spend as little as you can this month on extra things, here's a perfect (and delicious!) recipe for you to try (that's only SIX ingredients!).
This is my go to banana bread recipe and I'm betting you have most everything in your pantry to give it a try….. And when you taste it you just can't believe how stinkin' easy it was to make!
With just 6 ingredients (5 if you don't use the nuts), this one is a no brainer to whip up.
- bananas (the riper the better!)
- vegetable oil
- yellow cake mix
- egg white
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Here's how to make the very BEST Cake Mix Banana Bread:
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine your bananas and oil and then set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine your cake mix and cinnamon together. Add in the banana mixture and stir well. Next, add in your egg and egg white and mix thoroughly. If you are using nuts, fold in your pecans or walnuts now.
Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf or bundt pan and bake for 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack. Let it cool and then slice to serve. Enjoy!
Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Loaf pan, muffin pan or bundt pan
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 2 Tbsps ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, combine bananas and oil; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake mix and cinnamon together. Add banana mixture and stir.
- Add egg and egg white; mix thoroughly. Fold in chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf or bundt pan.
- Bake 55 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool and slice to serve.
Can you use frozen bananas in this recipe?
Yep, sure can! The more ripe the better for this one. 🙂
Breakfast breads are great because you can make them ahead and store in the freezer for later. Just wrap in aluminum foil and put in a large zip-top bag, pop it in the freezer for up to 3 months and you're good to go!