This Father's Day my husband asked for a specific meal instead of a present. 🙂
He wanted Chicken Cordon Bleu, mashed potatoes, Apple Spinach Salad with Vanilla Bean Dressing and this Butterfinger Cake. Yum!
After making it, I couldn't believe how simple it was to make, and it was so good! My husband gave it a huge thumbs up, and it's a great recipe to share at a potluck. Here's what you'll need:
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 11 oz bag of Butterfinger snack sized bars chopped
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Prepare cake according to package in an 13X9 in pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire racks.
- Poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart and 1 inch deep using handle of wooden spoon.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake.
- Sprinkle half of chopped Butterfingers over cake.
- Pour caramel topping over Butterfingers on cake.
- Spread Cool Whip over cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining Butterfinger.
Note from Laurie ~ here's Reagan and I making the same recipe but using Heath Bars instead. Yum!
Looking for more dessert recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.