You are going to LOVE this easy pancake recipe. Grab your supplies and whip up THE BEST buttermilk pancake recipe you've ever tried!
THE BEST Buttermilk Pancake Recipe EVER – So easy to make and so GOOD!
One of my favorite things about the weekends is extra lazy cool mornings to enjoy a big breakfast. Unfortunately, because of family activities, we only have a few extra mornings at home, but when we do have them I love taking time to make one of their favorites to start the day.
Several weeks ago, I thought I'd try out a new Buttermilk Pancake recipe (which doesn't really need Buttermilk) because the recipe I've used for years really wasn't all that good.
These are SO good and will definitely be the recipe that we use going forward!
You might get a better pancake at Cracker Barrel, but that's only because they do the cookin' for you. 😉
Ingredients you'll need:
- all-purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- buttermilk (if you don't have any, use 3 Tbsp of vinegar plus enough milk to make 3 cups – let sit on counter for five minutes before using)
Here's how to make the BEST Buttermilk Pancakes:
Start by whisking together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together your buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter.
Heat the griddle or skillet to medium high heat. Next, add your buttermilk mixture into your flour mixture and stir using a fork until just blended together.
There will be lumps – and that's okay! Just try to mix it well enough so that everything is incorporated and get rid of as many lumps as possible without over mixing.
Then, add your batter onto the griddle – using about 1/2 cup of the pancake mixture per pancake.
Cook on both sides until done and serve with your favorite maple syrup – enjoy!
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups buttermilk If you don't have buttermilk on hand - use 3 Tbsp vinegar plus enough milk to make 3 cups ~ let sit on counter five minutes before using
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl, beat buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.Heat griddle to medium high heat.
- Add the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir using fork just until blended together (there will be lumps, just try to mix it well enough so that everything's mixed and get rid of as many lumps as possible without over mixing.)
- Add batter onto griddle, using about 1/2 cup per pancake.
- Cook on both sides until done and serve.