My friend shared this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with me, and oh my heavens, they're just delicious! We made them last week when we had breakfast for dinner (always our favorite midweek treat . . . ), and while I couldn't get mine to look nearly as pretty as Betty Crocker did, they still tasted just perfect. They really do taste just like a Cinnamon Roll!
(I love how Betty Crocker swirled it on top, and tried using a plastic bag for the icing but it was a bit too thick and didn't work for me . . . maybe it'll work for you!)
Since my kids are home from school this morning on yet another 2-hour delay, my daughter is over my shoulder watching as I type and just exclaimed “momma . . . those are so good, can we have them again today?” I guess I'd better finish up my work here and get to my real work, but be sure to add these to your must-try-for-breakfast list.
(Don't want to use Bisquick? Make your own HERE for a fraction of the cost)
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream for frosting, if you don't have any you might try substituting with milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- Mix powerdered sugar and whipping cream with with whisk to make icing ~ set aside. (You will want to start with 2 tablespoons of milk rather than 1/4 cup of whipping cream if you choose to use milk instead of whipping cream, then add milk until at desired consistency.)
- Cook brown sugar, butter and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring frequently until butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat but keep warm by covering.
- Mix together Bisquick, milk and egg with a fork until blended.
- Cook pancakes on griddle over medium high heat (375.) Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle per pancake.
- Serve pancakes with cinnamon mixture between each pancake, and drizzle with icing.
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week (1/31/13) to pinch those pennies on this meal:
- $0.50/1 Bisquick Original, Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix, or Bisquick Shake ‘n Pour Pancake Mix printable, stack with $1/1 Bisquick coupon found in-store (Publix Store coupon ~ look for it on a cardboard display near the front of the store)
- Or Aunt Jemima Pancake & Waffle Mix, 32 or 35 oz box BOGO $2.70
- Brown Sugar ~ Use $0.75/1 Dixie Crystals Product-Granulated, Poly Light Brown, Dark Brown, Powdered, or Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar printable or $0.50/1 Dixie Crystals Light Brown, Dark Brown, or Powdered Sugar Poly Bags printable
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.