If you haven't made peanut butter buckeyes before, you have got to add them to your list this year! They're a little time consuming, but soooooo worth the effort. Even before moving to Ohio we loved them, but now that we really are in Buckeye country we've decided they're one of those things we've just got to make. 🙂
Here's my favorite recipe for these . . .
4 Ingredient Buckeyes
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Cream together peanut butter and butter in mixer.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar, and mix until blended. Then add additional powdered sugar as needed to make the peanut butter mixture stiff enough to mold into peanut butter balls and stay on a toothpick when dipped into chocolate.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate until firm (about 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, using double boiler (or makeshift double boiler like mine shown above), heat water to simmering. Then melt chocolate chips and shortening in bowl sitting on top of the simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth
- Using toothpick, dip peanut butter balls into chocolate leaving some peanut butter showing at the top to resemble buckeyes, then set on wax paper.
- Shake off excess chocolate.
Looking for more Christmas recipes to try out this Christmas? Here are a few of our favorites . . .
- Christmas Crack
- Slow Cooker Christmas Candy
- Honey Bun Cake (a.k.a. Happy Birthday Jesus Cake)
- Peppermint Glazed Chocolate Cake
- Simply Delicious Peanut Butter Fudge
- Hello Dollies
- Easy Marshmallow Fudge
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Chex Muddy Buddies
- Homemade Chex Mix
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Iced Brownies
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.