It's been awhile since we tried out this Tex Mex Chicken Salad, and I'd forgotten just how much I liked it! My hubby however informed me that salad doesn't really count as a meal, instead it's just a side dish. (He then proceeded to eat up every last bite, so either he was hungry or it wasn't all bad for a meal. . . )
You can also add all the stuffings to your favorite wrap and drizzle with the ranch/barbecue sauce dressing . . . which is what I'm planning to do for lunch tomorrow. Gotta love two meals all made up at once!
Tex Mex Grilled Chicken Salad
- Cooked chicken Use grilled chicken recipe, or Perdue Short Cuts Chicken $3.99, use $1/1 Perdue Short Cuts or $1.50/1 Perdue Short Cuts 8/7/11 SS (regional coupon)
- Salad Blend Fresh Express Salad Blend $2.50, use $1/1 Fresh Express recent home mailer requested on Facebook
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped optional
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- Texas Toast tortilla strips if you can find them, if not use extra tortillas from Taco Pizza Night or Fritos Corn Chips on sale $2.50
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing I used fat free ranch
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese Sargento Cheese On Sale $2.50 at Publix, use $1/2 coupon from upcoming Yellow Advantage Buy Flier (starts Saturday), or Kraft & Sargento Cheese On Sale $2.50 at Kroger, use $1/2 Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia printable
- Mix together ranch dressing and barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- Place salad blend on plate. Add tomato, cilantro, corn, black beans, tortilla strips, cheese and chicken.
- Drizzle with salad dressing mixture, and enjoy!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the RecipeIndex or see updated recipes over HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.