I love a good crock pot recipe that doesn't require any prep work . . . and try really hard to find those most of the time, but sometimes that's awfully hard to do with ground beef recipes! However, I've found that during the school year my afternoons are the busiest part of my days,so I'm more than happy to do a little prep work in the morning if it saves me big work when the craziness hits around here.
So, while this isn't the easiest slow cooker recipe ever, it requires less than 20 minutes of prep work, which can be done on your own schedule. If you don't have time to brown the beef in the morning, just brown the beef the night before and then throw in the crockpot heading out in the morning. And, enjoy a yummy plate of nachos when you get home!
Slow Cooker Nacho Bake
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can refried beans (we were out of these, so I left them out!)
- 1 can red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- tortilla chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Extra toppings (we used lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green onions, salsa and sour cream)
- Brown ground beef in skillet on stove. Drain off any grease.
- Add ground beef, refried beans, kidney beans, tomato paste, taco seasoning, water, and garlic powder to crockpot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chips in the bottom of a large baking sheet.
- Spoon meat mixture over tortilla chips.
- Top with cheese and tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with extra toppings, and enjoy!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.