Looking for an easy appetizer for a get together? Try these slow cooker nachos. They're crock pot nachos – so your crock does most of the work!
Slow Cooker Nachos
If you're looking to feed a group this weekend for a get together, or if you're just looking for a FUN meal that doesn't require a lot of work on your part, check out these crock pot nachos. You can really customize them for your own family, there are oooodles of toppings that you can choose to set out, and it is an absolute crowd pleaser.
The crockpot does most of the work for you, so this is a perfect meal for a busy night too.
Slow Cooker Nachos Ingredients:
- ground beef
- refried beans
- red kidney beans
- tomato paste
- taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
- green onions
- sour cream
- whatever else sounds good!
You can even create a to go station if you're doing this for a party – how fun!
Here's how to make crock pot nachos:
Start by browning your ground beef in a skillet and drain off any grease (you don't want soggy nachos!). If you have one of the slow cookers that can saute items, you can do the ground beef right in the slow cooker.
Next, add your ground beef, refried beans, kidney beans, tomato paste, taco seasoning, water, and garlic powder to the crockpot. Add in salt and pepper to your own liking.
Cook on low for 4 – 6 hours or high 2 – 3 hours.
Once your meat mixture is cooked, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and arrange you chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon your mixture over the chips and top with cheese and tomato.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top with extra toppings and enjoy!
Note – if you don't want to make this a “bake” and more of just nachos, you can skip the part with heating the chips and melting the cheese in the oven – that just makes it extra delicious!
Crock Pot Nachos
- 1 lb ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can red kidney beans undrained
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- tortilla chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Extra toppings we used lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green onions, salsa and sour cream - really whatever you like!
- Brown ground beef in skillet on stove. Drain off any grease.
- Add ground beef, refried beans, kidney beans, tomato paste, taco seasoning, water, and garlic powder to crockpot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chips in the bottom of a large baking sheet.
- Spoon meat mixture over tortilla chips.
- Top with cheese and tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with extra toppings, and enjoy!
Looking for more yummy party friendly recipes? Try these out: