We tried this recipe out earlier this week at our house, and it quickly became one of my hubby's favorite recipes! My friend Shannon shared it with me as an easy dinner-on-the-go recipe for busy weeknights, and it was definitely a hit at our house. And guess what makes it even better? You probably have most of the ingredients in your stockpile (yayyyy!) Here's the recipe . . .
Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Ups
- 1 lb. lean ground beef Ground chuck on sale $2.49/lb.
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped Try Publix brand pre-cooked for $2.49
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese or Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes Sargento from last week's sale, or
- 1 pkg. (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust Hopefully you grabbed some during last weeks sale, if not use $0.35/1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust 1/30/2011 SS
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef, bacon & onions in large skillet on medium high heat (if bacon isn't pre-cooked.) Return meat to skillet.
- Add cheddar cheese or Velveeta, cook five minutes or until melted, stirring constantly. Cool ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Press into 15×8 inch rectangle, then top with meat & cheese mixture.
- Roll up dough lengthwise. Place seam-side down.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with . . .
Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Vegetables, 11-12oz bag – $1.20 $5.00/20 Italian Days Publix Coupon
$0.50/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers , $.50/1 Any Green Giant Item, $.50/2 Green Giant Manufacturer Coupon on Target website, $0.50/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers 1/2/2011 GM Insert (exp 2/26/2011)
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.