We tried this recipe out earlier this week at our house, and it quickly became one of my hubby's favorite recipes! My friend Shannon shared it with me as an easy dinner-on-the-go recipe for busy weeknights, and it was definitely a hit at our house. And guess what makes it even better? You probably have most of the ingredients in your stockpile (yayyyy!) Here's the recipe . . .
Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Ups
- 1 lb. lean ground beef Ground chuck on sale $2.49/lb.
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped Try Publix brand pre-cooked for $2.49
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese or Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes Sargento from last week's sale, or
- 1 pkg. (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust Hopefully you grabbed some during last weeks sale, if not use $0.35/1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust 1/30/2011 SS
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef, bacon & onions in large skillet on medium high heat (if bacon isn't pre-cooked.) Return meat to skillet.
- Add cheddar cheese or Velveeta, cook five minutes or until melted, stirring constantly. Cool ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Press into 15×8 inch rectangle, then top with meat & cheese mixture.
- Roll up dough lengthwise. Place seam-side down.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with . . .
Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Vegetables, 11-12oz bag – $1.20 $5.00/20 Italian Days Publix Coupon
$0.50/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers , $.50/1 Any Green Giant Item, $.50/2 Green Giant Manufacturer Coupon on Target website, $0.50/2 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers 1/2/2011 GM Insert (exp 2/26/2011)
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods. Thanks to I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
I tried these and they were pretty good. Thanks for the recipe! But I didn’t have any bacon, and you could definitely tell that it was missing something.
I’ve been making this recipe for a while (i even made it for V-day bunco), except it is called cheeseburger bread. It didn’t include bacon, but I like the idea! I will have to update my recipe! It’s a hit with my family too. Great to take on picnics, too!
I don’t think I tried them at Bunch Heather! They really are good with the bacon . . . James absolutely loved them 🙂
Thinking if you don’t have pizza dough, you could probably use bisquik to make some, or even make this recipe using crescent rolls (who doesn’t have 5 cans of those in their fridge?)
Great idea Julie! (Oh my goodness, with crescent rolls those would be yummmmyyyyyy!)