FREE HOME PLANNING
This one pan turkey and biscuit skillet recipe is a twist on a traditional chicken pot pie. It's comfort food at its finest!
Turkey and Biscuit Skillet
This turkey and biscuit skillet is a great way to use up those turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving or Christmas. This recipe has a lot of the same flavors as a traditional chicken pot pie but uses biscuits as the crust! Isn't she cute!?!
MENU TIP: This turkey and biscuit skillet recipe is from week 4 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
Ingredients needed for turkey and biscuit skillet:
- cubed cooked turkey breast
- condensed chicken broth
- 1frozen peas and carrots
- refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
How to make turkey and biscuit skillet:
Preheat oven to 400°F.
I like to use a 10-inch cast iron skillet but any oven safe skillet will work.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet and add about 1/2 cup chopped onion. Cook until tender.
Then, in a small bowl, mix flour, chicken broth, milk and pepper together until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring this to a boil, stirring constantly and cook until thickened.
Throw in the turkey and peas and carrots and cook until those are heated through. If you'd like to add other veggies in then throw those in as well.
Take off the heat. Place quartered biscuits all over the turkey mixture.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Turkey and Biscuit Skillet
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 10.5 oz can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz pkg frozen peas and carrots
- 12 oz tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, broth, milk and pepper together until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and cook until thickened, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add turkey and vegetables; heat through.
- Remove from heat and arrange quartered biscuits over turkey mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week four of our low cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.