FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
UPDATE: From what I've read, I *think* you will be able to get the gift card even after spending less than $30 after coupons on the first scenario. HOWEVER, if you're concerned, just don't use one of the $2/2 Tide coupons or $75/1 coupons and you shoudl be fine. Hope that helps!
Here's how I scored everything in the picture above at CVS today for just $9.64 at CVS, after coupons, gift cards, Extra Care Bucks and rebates. (Whew!)
Buy (6) Tide Laundry Detergents, 19-32 loads, $5.94
- Used (3) $2/2 Tide Detergents (could also use (6) $.75/1 Tide Detergents or (2) $2/3 Tide Detergent, Tide Boost, Tide To Go, Tide Washing Machine Cleaner, Downy or Bounce from the 8/31 PG insert)
- Paid $29.64 out of pocket, got $10 CVS Gift Card (to spend on future purchase)
- Will also submit for $10 P&G Laundry Products mail-in rebate
- Makes the Tide $1.60 per bottle – wow!
Buy 1 Mucinex Allergy $7.50
- Used $2/1 Mucinex coupon from the 9/7 SS insert
- Used $10 gift card from Transaction $1
- Paid nothing out of pocket, got $5.50 in ECBs, still have $4.50 on my CVS card AND $10 mail in rebate to submit from Transaction #1
Stop back later tonight when we'll start the series 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores, and I promise I'll explain all the ins-and-outs of drug store shopping so you can save big too!
See all the top deals at CVS this week.
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Alison Martin says
I can not get my coupons to print
Aricka Westbrooks says
I printed the coupon from the website a couple of things:
1. I cannot get it to print 3, after one is printed it indicates I've reached the limit.
2. The coupon cannot be combined as described it indicates limit one per purchase
3. The coupon has be be used the day it is printed, it expires the same day!
the most I can save is 2.75 on a 17.82 purchase
I certainly wouldn’t want to take the chance, just leave off a $.75 coupon to make your total over $30.00
I did the deal through Target a couple months ago and got my rebate.
I definitely spent less than $30 AFTER all my coupons and discounts. I wonder if the wording on the rebate has changed since then, or if it’s a legit offer for spending $30 total? I don’t remember reading that you had to spend $30 after discounts, but it’s possible I missed it.
Barbie Brockway says
Rebate says spend $30 after coupons and discounts?
looks like rebate says “spend $30 (after coupons on discounts)…” 🙁
I’ve read a lot on this one and (think?) from what I’ve heard that it will work if your pre-coupon total is $30. I’m crossing my fingers anyways Joy!