FREE WORK PLANNER
This cheese manicotti recipe is delicious and can be a freezer meal too! Pair it with some salad and garlic bread and dinner is DONE.
Three Cheese Manicotti
If you're looking for a cheesy and delicious dinner, this three cheese manicotti is for you! You can make it up and serve it that day or you can label and freeze to keep in the freezer for a busy night. This one will quickly become a family favorite!
🍽️ MENU TIP: This cheese manicotti recipe is from week 11 of our freezer menu planning made easy set!
Serve this up with some Copykat Olive Garden Salad from our Sides Dish Menu Plans and dinner is done.
Three Cheese Manicotti Ingredients:
- cottage cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- Italian blend cheese
- spaghetti sauce
How to bake manicotti:
Start with a 13×9 dish and be sure to spray well with cooking spray. Spread about half of the jar of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
In a small bowl, mix the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper until well combined.
Spoon cheese mixture into your uncooked manicotti. Place the tubes in the pan on top of the sauce. Spread remaining sauce over manicotti evenly and sprinkle with cheese. Cover the pan with plastic wrap then aluminum foil, label, and place in the freezer.
Pro Tip! If you have trouble filling your manicotti with a spoon, place the mixture into a ziploc bag then clip the corner. That will allow you to easily fill your manicotti tubes!
When you are ready to cook, thaw the dish completely in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the foil and plastic wrap and cover loosely with foil.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake at least 45 minutes. Allow the cheese manicotti to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Three Cheese Manicotti
- 24 oz carton cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz pkg manicotti
- ¾ cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- Spray bottom of a 13x9-inch disposable foil pan thoroughly with cooking spray. Pour half the jar of spaghetti sauce into pan and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
- Spoon cheese mixture into uncooked manicotti tubes and place tubes in the pan on top of the spaghetti sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over manicotti and spread evenly over the pan; sprinkle with cheese. Cover pan with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Label and freeze.
- When ready to cook, thaw completely in refrigerator overnight. Remove plastic wrap and foil, replacing loosely with foil.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake at least 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week eleven of our freezer menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
A HUGE thank you to Alicen and Karen in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing their pictures of the Three Cheese Manicotti. We all love this one! Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!