Okie dokie folks . . . today's the day! I'm hanging out today all day at home doing a big Spring cleanout, and am hoping it'll motivate you to join in too. Because our move is right around the corner (the movers will be here three weeks from today – eek!), I wanted to do one last really thorough cleanout of every nook and cranny in our home. When we've moved before I've always managed to bring along thing we just don't need, so I'm determined to do my very best to prevent that this time!
While most of you probably aren't moving like me, I'm betting it's time to swap your clothing over to the Spring season, and almost everyone usually has at least a little de-cluttering to do (right?) So, if you have an hour or two today (or can set aside a few hours this weekend), I'm hoping you'll get excited about doing some serious Spring cleaning out too!
Here are the rooms that are on my list (starting from the top of our house and moving all the way through it):
- Attic storage space
- Reagan's bedroom and closet
- Laundry room
- Linen closet
- Caroline's bedroom, closet and small attic storage area
- Kid's bathroom
- Jackson's bedroom and closet
- Our bedroom
- Our closet
- Our bathroom
- Dining Room
- Family Room
- Guest bedroom & closet
- Garage (most likely my husband will take care of this, but I'm including it here because it definitely needs to be done too.)
Whew! (I think I'm tired just thinking about it all . . .) Okay, here's how it's going to look today:
- Every two hours (first update at 8AM), I'll update pictures of what I've accomplished
- My goal is to keep at it until 8 PM tonight except for my afternoon carpool (I've already prepared my kids – we'll see how it goes . . .)
- The pictures and updates will not be fancy – just a quick update from my phone sharing how things are moving along
- I would love (love!) for you to join me as we go (misery loves company, you know)
- There are a few favorite deal posts already scheduled for the day, but the savings will definitely be pretty spaced out (thanks so much for understanding!) 😉
- I'm not expecting to get all of the rooms done on the list, just a good start. We may do it again next week (or even tomorrow?), depending on how things go!
- My phone loaded with my favorite Pandora and I Heart Radio channels (I love the Amy Grant and Dave Ramsey channels . . .) 😉
- Boxes and packing tape for any items to be packed up
- A sharpie marker for labeling
- Several large trash bags – for items to donate and things to head to the trash
- A diet coke 😉
- Scissors (it seems like I always need them)
- Chocolate (remember those Cadbury eggs? Yup, I'm thinking they'll come in handy today)
Here I go!!! Please let me know if you're joining in today too or if you're going to work on it this weekend, and if you find any deals that are just too good to miss feel free to leave the information in the comments so that folks can get a deal! Thanks for your patience with me as I tackle this (huge!) job . . . y'all make my job so much fun to do each day. 😉
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.