Before shopping at Michaels, be sure to check out these Michaels coupons, money-saving tips, and frugal ways to save money on crafts, storage, home decor, and more!
Michael's Coupon & Sales Tips
Do you love Michael's Craft Store? Goodness, I do too! I love the Michaels Coupons, that let you save big every time you shop. And I love-love-LOVE the Michael's Sales and Clearance deals! Check out my top seven tips for shopping and saving money at your local Michaels Arts & Crafts store!
7 Michaels Craft Store Secrets:
1. Use Michael's coupons every time!
If you have never used a Michaels Coupon – you're missing out on a huge savings!
You can find Michael's in-store coupons HERE or in the Sunday newspaper, on the Michaels mobile app, and even find Michaels Coupon Codes online every week. You can print the coupons or just show them on your smartphone (love that!).
You can also sign up HERE for emails and texts to get a one-time use 30% OFF Coupon!
In addition, Michaels often offers high value coupons for one day only, so be sure to watch for those savings as well. When I see one of these coupons pop up, I always post the information here on PPP, so be sure to subscribe to daily emails or follow PPP on Facebook so you don't miss those savings! (Love finding the occasional Michael's 40 off coupon)
*Note that effective 3/27/2020, Michaels will no longer accept any competitor coupons. Go here for more details on their coupon policy.
Need a Michael's coupon? Print one here before you go or show it on your smartphone.
2. Download the free Michaels mobile app.
You can also download the free Michaels app on your smartphone to easily get Michael's coupons to show in store. You'll find the same coupons you can find on their website – all in a convenient app. These offers will vary by week and are just an example of what's currently available.
Other features of the app are:
- Shop thru the app to get what you need
- Locate the closest Michaels store
- Use the Product Locator to find items in store
- Check prices and availability
- Get coupons
- Save your Shopping List
- See the weekly ad
- Find fun project ideas
3. Sign up for Michaels Rewards!
In addition to Michael's coupons – whenever you join the free Michaels Rewards program, you'll get weekly Rewards Specials and Bonus Rewards offers, as well as receipt-free returns (you only need your Rewards phone number/email), a special birthday perk, and other special limited-time offers.
- Rewards Specials: Every week, Michaels will have Rewards Specials offers on select products throughout the store. They will communicate these offers through the weekly promotional flyer, Sunday members-only email, and on your Rewards account page.
- Bonus Rewards: Every Sunday, they’ll send you an exclusive Bonus Rewards offer. You’ll need to meet the offer criteria to earn Rewards dollars.
- Limited-time promotional offers: Throughout the program, there may be opportunities to earn additional Rewards dollars with promotional offers. (As an idea, through 9/12, you can earn $5 in rewards for every $25 you spend in store!)
4. Michael's Craft Store 2-Day Sales
Michaels frequently offers special short term deals, which you can find when you check the Michael's weekly ad online or mobile app. This is a great way to save, and I've found fantastic prices on mason jars, canvases, and photo boxes watching for these sales.
🎄And keep an eye during the holidays for the epic Michael's Christmas Tree Sale! The Annual 50% OFF Tree Event is a short sale that happens every year – but keep in mind you won't be able to use any Michael's Coupons or Promotions on these Christmas Tree deals.
….And speaking of the holidays – the Michael's Black Friday Sale has SUPER fun deals on Silhouette Cameo & Cricut Machines, Yard and so much more!
5. Shop Michaels “Dollar” bins & big savings aisle.
Most Michaels stores have dollar bins (really $1, $2, $4, etc bins) near the front of the store. These bins often go on clearance, and are a great way to stock up on seasonal decor, cute muffin cups, thank you notes, gift tags, soaps, and lots more! I always make a beeline for this section of the store as soon as I walk in the door.
There's also an aisle in most Michaels stores that has special gift items, kids activities, teacher gift ideas, and more. I've seen these aisles go on clearance to 50% off as well, which is a great way to stock up on inexpensive gifts, birthday treats, cute buckets, and other crafts while you're there!
6. Watch for Seasonal Michaels Clearance!
Michaels offers huge clearance savings, especially on seasonal decor. I've found great deals on Christmas decor, fall decorations, items for Spring and more by taking advantage of their clearance deals. I love finding extra-cheap seasonal Michael's Crafts and holding onto them for later!
If you watch closely, they often clearance out items that are not specifically seasonal so you can save big on things you can use year-round (for example, I found this cute hello sign on 70% off clearance that will work any time of year!). So, watch those clearance bins because you never know what you may find! *NOTE: You can't use Michael's coupons on clearance items.
7. Enjoy Military, Senior, & Teacher Discounts at Michael's.
Are you a member of the military? If you have a military ID card you can save an additional 15% off your entire purchase (including sale items!) every single day when you shop Michaels. You can also save 10% off your entire purchase every day if you're 55 or older. Love that!
Teachers also save 15% at Michaels every day on participating items. If you're a teacher, save 15% at Michaels on products designed for your classroom when you verify your educator ID through the Michaels Rewards program. Go here for more details.
Not sure crafting is for you? Michaels offers classes too!
Michaels also offers in store classes including classes for kids and adults (currently via Zoom). A few of their classes are free (however you may need to buy supplies), and some of their paid for classes start at just $2 per class. Go HERE to see what classes are offered at your local store.
Michaels Store Hours & Locations
Looking for a Michael's store near me? Check here -and a
There you have it! If you have any other tips for saving at Michaels, let us know in the comments below!
Here are a few more favorite posts you may be interested in:
- 9 Insider Secrets to Save at Hobby Lobby
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Shopping TJMaxx
- 22 Items You Need to Look for at IKEA
- How to Turn Your Smartphone into a Fitbit
- 7 Stores You Need to Shop When Decorating on a Budget
- 16 Items You Should Be Buying on Amazon
- What to Buy at the Dollar Tree
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.