You do not want to miss this amazing Snack Board we created. There are a TON of snack board ideas for kids you can do with this. Take a peek!
Snack Board – SO Much Fun and SO Many Snack Board Ideas You Can Do!
There are sooooo many snack board ideas rolling around in my head that I had a hard time narrowing down which type to start with. But, I decided since my people are big sweet eaters that I would treat them to a sweet and salty board this week. This is great for kids, for family gatherings, for a party – really for anyone who loves a sweet treat.
How to Make a Snack Board:
Creating a snack board couldn't be easier! In fact I was surprised this came together in less than 30 minutes. This kid friendly snack is perfect for family movie or game night or anytime you want to gather up your bunch for a fun time.
I tried to keep my board mainly gluten free and was very surprised to find so many gluten free snack options to include on my board.
When building a sweet and savory board be sure to have a mixture of textures and flavors. Crunchy, chewy, sweet, salty and sour are always good choices.
Have fun experimenting with your family's favorite snacks and just have a good time getting creative!
Ingredients to Try
- Fresh fruits: strawberries, blueberries, grapes and apples; you could even add some dry fruits if you'd like
- Cheese: sliced cheddar and Swiss cheese to serve on crackers; make it fancy and include goat cheese or an assorted cheese board – just don't forget that cheeses and crackers go well together
- Salty: popcorn, crackers, mixed nuts and peanuts
- Sweets: rolos, m&m's, animal crackers, mini graham crackers, oreos, cookies, twizzlers and caramel corn
- Sour: sour patch kids and sour straws
- Sweet and Salty: chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter crackers
- Bowls: grab a few different sized bowls. I like to have some small bowls and larger ones for the sides. You'll also want some type of large platter.
- Feel free to customize to your theme or family preferences – just remember to keep things bite sized!
You can design your snack board on a parchment lined large tray, wooden board or even on some craft paper you lay on the countertop.
First, start with a few bowls of different sizes scattered around the board. Next, fill the bowls with some goodies and then spread the cheese slices around a couple of the bowls.
Finally, continue filling the tray with the remaining ingredients by placing them into groups to make snacking easy.
Snack Board Ideas
There are endless snack board ideas. Here are a few I want to try in the future.
- appetizer board
- Greek or Mexican inspired board
- dessert board
- veggie board
and of course a
- a traditional charcuterie board with meat and cheese.
Laurie created this amazing waffle bar board and I want to try that one too!
Sooo many ideas, sooo little time!
Snack Board (Sweet & Salty)
- apple, sliced
- cheddar cheese slices
- Swiss cheese slices
- mixed nuts
- popcorn, freshly popped
- caramel corn
- goldfish crackers
- mini graham crackers
- animal crackers
- chocolate chip cookies
- m&m's chocolate candies
- sour patch kids
- Design the snack board on a large tray, wooden board or craft paper on the countertop.
- Place a few bowls of varying sizes on top.
- Fill the bowls with popcorn, candies and nuts.
- Arrange the cheese slices around the bowls in a fan-like fashion.
- Group and fill the tray with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few more Kid Friendly Recipes!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.