FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
A waffle bar is a perfect idea for a brunch – and it's so easy to set up. My favorite is all the waffle bar toppings we used – take a look!
How to Make a Waffle Bar
I love waffles and so does my family – so a few years ago for Mother's Day we tried out a Waffle “Charcuterie” Tray! You can make your waffle bar for breakfast, brunch or even a fun family dinner. This one is soooo simple and oh so fun – and truly perfect for any occasion! This would be super cute to do for Valentine's Day too (imagine the heart shaped waffles – darling!).
Apparently these little dash waffle irons are all the rage now for cooking all sorts of foods… but we just use our to make plain old waffles.
You can use a traditional waffle iron as well – I just think these mini-waffles are darling!
A waffle bar is great for a Sunday brunch idea, for Baby showers, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day or just a special family treat. This turned out *so* absolutely cute though, and was so simple to do!
Use your favorite waffle recipe (I'll post our favorite recipe below), and throw together all the toppings to make a regular weekend morning feel extra fancy at your house.
How to make a Waffle Bar in 3 Easy Steps:
- Set up a waffle-making station with a waffle irons and batter.
- Let each person cook their waffle as they go through the line.
- Lay out everyone's favorite waffle toppings. I included cute baking cups so everyone could take their toppings to their seat.
Waffle Topping Ideas
We used some of our favorite waffle bar toppings:
- Waffles (recipe below)
- Any fresh fruits you have on hand
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Sausage links
- Hard Boiled eggs
More Topping Ideas:
- Peanut Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Mini Marshmallows
- Shredded Coconut
- Chicken Tenders (For a chicken & waffles combo!)
- Sausage Patties
Basically anything that might seem like good ice cream toppings would also be great on a waffle!
Our Favorite Waffle Recipe
(This is the Oh Boy Waffles recipe from my SERIOUSLY old Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. We've used it for years and have only tweaked a little bit)!
- 2 1/4 cup Flour (the recipe originally called for 2 1/4 cups flour, but I usually add about 1/8 cup more to get the right consistency)
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet Morsels per waffle (optional)
How to Make Waffles:
- Sift together dry ingredients (I just beat the dry ingredients together for a few seconds with a wire whisk to sift).
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, milk and vegetable oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until well moistened (not too long).
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray
- Pour 1/2 cup waffle batter into preheated waffle iron
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chocolate chips over batter (optional)
- Bake according to waffle iron directions.
- Top with strawberries, powdered sugar & syrup (yummmm!)
If you want to make chocolate waffles, just add a bit of cocoa powder to your recipe. We love these easy recipes that you can customize!
Easy Alternative to Homemade Waffles:
If you don't have time to make your own waffles – you can always have a stack of frozen waffles and a toaster at the ready! They won't be quite as good – but it will still be a fun family event 🙂
How do you keep waffles warm?
If you want to make lots of waffles ahead of time (how cute are those pumpkin shaped waffles for a Fall waffle bar?) you will just want to make sure they stay warm.
You can keep them warm in a 200 degree oven and then just pull out a few at a time. You can also make them the night before, and then reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cover with foil so they don't dry out!
Or you could easily do a reheat of the waffles using your toaster.
Looking for a cute mini waffle maker for your waffle bar? Check out our Dash Waffle Maker post for the most current deals!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Where did you get the platter it’s so cute!?
Kristen ~ PPP Team says
Hi Marlene, isn’t it so cute?!?! I got it at Home Goods and I love it and use it for so many things!
I purchased low cal recipes and LOVE them. I only purchased printed but now would really love the cards. Can I just pay the difference and get the cards?
Absolutely love this way of cooking, new recipe every day or every other day!