FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
This slow cooker rustic beef stew recipe is so easy! Dump all the ingredients in your crock in the morning and you'll have a warm and cozy dinner waiting on you at the end of the day.
Slow Cooker Rustic Beef Stew
Oh how I love a good dump recipe! This slow cooker rustic beef stew recipe is just about perfect because you don't even need to peel the carrots or potatoes. Just scrub them really good before chopping.
MENU TIP: This slow cooker rustic beef stew recipe is from week 5 of our low calorie menu planning made easy set!
Beef Stew Ingredients:
- beef stew meat
- beef broth
- seasoning salt
How to make rustic beef stew:
This couldn't be any simpler. Just place all the ingredients in your slow cooker.
Then cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
That's it!!! 🙂
Slow Cooker Rustic Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 carrots, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 32 oz carton beef broth
- 2 Tbsps seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Note: No need to peel the carrots or potatoes on this one. Just scrub them clean before chopping.
Beef Stew Calories:
This beef stew recipe comes in at just 352 calories and 29 net carbs per serving.
What's the secret to a good stew?
- A good stew needs plenty of time to mingle so all the flavors can be brought out.
- Stew meat has a lot of connective tissue and it takes time for this to break down while cooking. If cooking on the stove-top you'll need at least 2 hours for this to cook down. This is one of the reasons we love to make beef stew in the crockpot. Low and slow is the game plan here!
- Searing the meat beforehand is always a good idea. Searing on high in either a crockpot that has a browning feature like this one or on the stovetop will give the meat a deeper, richer flavor. You'll want to deglaze the pot as well to scrape up all those browned bits and goodness. You can do this with a bit of water or beef broth. Be sure to pour this into the crockpot afterwards (if searing on a stove top).
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week five of our low cal menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.