Do NOT miss this delicious Chicken Philly Cheesesteak recipe. It's amazing in flavor AND made right in your slow cooker. (SO easy!)
Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Recipe – In the slow cooker!
Goodness gracious, this recipe is perfect. It hits all the things I love in a recipe ~ it's penny pinched, takes about seven seconds to dump in Mrs. Potts, is pretty low in calories (depending on how much hoagie roll & cheese you choose to eat . . .) and it's absolutely delicious.
Need I say more?
Now, you could fluff the sandwich up a bit by adding some extra mayo or dijon mustard, or just leave it plain and simple. We loved it ~ my kids ate around the peppers and onion, and with less than 15 minutes of work dinner was done.
🍽️ Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe from Week 9 of our Volume 1 Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 green peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 oz italian salad dressing mix
- 6 hoagie buns
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- Place sliced onions and peppers on top of chicken; add garlic.
- Pour chicken broth over peppers, onions, and chicken, then sprinkle dry Italian dressing over everything.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 - 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, open hoagie roll, top with chicken, and layer a slice of cheese on each side.
- Broil in oven 1 - 2 minutes until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week nine of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)!
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Still hungry? Grab even more family friendly meals!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.