Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Goodness gracious, this recipe is perfect. It hits all the things I love in a recipe ~ it's penny pinched, takes about seven seconds to dump in Mrs. Potts, is pretty low in calories (depending on how much hoagie roll & cheese you choose to eat . . .) and it's delicious.
Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in our Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
Need I say more?
Now, you could fluff the sandwich up a bit by adding some extra mayo or dijon mustard, or just leave it plain and simple. We loved it ~ my kids ate around the peppers and onion, and with less than 15 minutes of work dinner was done.
Success! Here's the recipe . . .
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast I used frozen
- 2 green peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- packet dry Italian seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 hoagie buns
- 6-8 slices provolone
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Slice onions and peppers, pour on top of chicken.
- Pour chicken broth over peppers, onions and chicken, then sprinkle Italian dressing packet over everything.
- Cook on low 6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, open hoagie rolls and layer a slice of cheese on one side of each, then broil in oven for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Add mayonnaise or mustard if desired, and enjoy!
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.