Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I love nachos.
Really, loooooove me some nachos. 😉
And while I usually wait to have them at a restaurant, there's just no reason to make them at home (mine are every bit as good!) Today I tried out Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos (I've made Slow Cooker Nachos with Beef before), and goodness gracious, they were fantastic.
The best part? I had to take the picture for you all today (day time pictures just look so much prettier), so I've just devoured the yummiest lunch in complete quiet while my kids and hubby are all off at school and work for the day. Bliss.
Menu Planning Note: You can also find this recipe in our Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
(I so love my sweet family when they're here, but some days a quiet home just feels so nice ~ is that awful?)
You could also use the chicken to make tacos, taco salad, enchiladas or just anything else ~ it turned out perfectly and is so simple to make! Here's the recipe so you can try it out too ~ just in time for the big game coming up next week. 😉
Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans Rotel undrained
- 1 tsp minced garlic I use the kind that you find in a jar, but you could also substitute with 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- toppings I used sour cream, green onions and black olives, but you could also add lettuce and tomatoes
- Mix together garlic, onion, salt, pepper, brown sugar and Rotel in small bowl.
- Place chicken in crockpot and add Rotel mixture on top.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chips in the bottom of a large baking sheet.
- Spoon chicken mixture over tortilla chips.
- Top with cheese and tomato (tomato optional)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with extra toppings, and enjoy!
Click HERE to see video if it's not working for you.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Here are a few more slow cooker recipes you may also want to try out . . .
You may also want to check out these fantastic deals on slow cookers right now at Amazon:
- Cook & Carry Crockpot $23.99 (regularly $49.99)
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker $15.99 (regularly $29.99)
- Crockpot Manual Slow Cooker just $9.59 (regularly $24.99)
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.