Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Like I shared Monday, I love my slow cooker. Mrs. Potts requires me to plan ahead, and guarantees that we have something yummy for dinner on the nights when I'm willing to pull her out of her cupboard. 🙂
And having dinner done in less than 10 minutes is such a gift around here. If you need a night off from really cooking, this recipe's for you. The best part is that it makes a bunch, so odds are you can serve it as fajitas one night, then hang onto the leftovers to make Chicken Nachos later in the week (that's our plan for tomorrow night.) Love that! Here's the recipe so you can get slow cooking to . . .
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 3 large peppers (I used 2 green and one red), cut into strips
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 packages fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 10-inch flour tortillas
- fajita toppings – shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole
- Put chicken in slow cooker.
- Add onion and peppers.
- In bowl, mix salsa, fajita seasoning mix, and cayenne pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Serve over tortillas and add toppings, then save leftovers for chicken nachos or taco salad. Enjoy!
Looking for more reasons to use your slow cooker? Check out these 5 reasons to use your slow cooker every week, including 17 more recipes to get you started!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.