FREE HOME PLANNING
There are some great deals this week at Rite Aid, and I wanted to make sure you didn't miss them! This was my first time in the last several years to really take on Rite Aid, but since I had a $25 Gift Card from a recent prescription transfer, I decided to try it out. If you can handle watching the Video Values commercials (I know, it requires a little patience!), you'll get some AMAZING deal this week. So, here goes (beware, their “UP Reward” and “Single Check Rebates” can get a little confusing – but it all worked for me!)
Buy . . .
1 package Pampers (on sale $8.99)
1 package Pampers Wipes (priced at $3.29)
2 Herbal Essences Shampoos (On Sale $2 each)
1 Herbal Essences Hair Spray or Styler (On Sale $2)
1 Crest Toothpaste or Oral B Tooth Brush (On Sale $2.49)
1 Tide Laundry Detergent, Stain Release, or Bounce Fabric Softener (On Sale $4.99)
Use . . . (bare with me!)
$5/$25 Rite Aid Video Values coupon or $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon at Red Plum (I couldn't find it at my zip code , but some people say they have found it – I'd love to hear if you do because those videos are a little time-consuming!)
B1G1 FREE Pampers Wipes WYB Diapers 8/1/2010 P&G Insert (exp 8/31/2010)
$1.50/1 Pampers Diapers 8/1/2010 PG Insert (exp 8/31/2010)
Buy 2 Herbal Essences Shampoos or Conditioners get one Herbal Essence Styling Product FREE 8/1/2010 PG Insert (exp 8/31/2010)
$.75/1 Crest Toothpaste 4 oz+ 8/1/2010 PG Insert (exp 8/31/2010) OR $1/1 or $1/2 Oral-B Toothbrushes 8/1/2010 PG Insert (exp 8/31/2010)
$1/1 Tide Laundry Detergent 8/1/2010 PG Insert (exp 8/31/2010)
Pay $12.22 plus tax out of pocket, but here's where it gets good . . .
Receive . . .
- $2 in Up Rewards for Pampers
- $2 in Up Rewards for Herbal Essences
- $1 in Up Rewards for Tide
- $1.50 in UP Rewards for Crest or Oral B
- PLUS a $2 Single Check Rebate (can submit online) for the Pampers!
So after everything (coupons, UP Rewards and rebates), you get all those deals for a whopping $3.72!!!! That's just CRAZY!!!
I had never used the Rite Aid UP Program before, so here's what I learned:
- You have to have an UP card to participate (this took just a few minutes to get as I checked out)
- You receive UP rewards to use on your next purchase (very similar to CVS Extra Care Bucks)
- It looks to me like the UP rewards expire in 3 weeks (they all expire 8/21/10 for me)
- You will only receive ONE UP REWARD per card unless otherwise stated in the ad (I thought I could do the Crest AND Oral B, but they were both the same “UP” reward)
- You may use more than one UP reward at a time towards your next purchase
- Some items (like the Pampers) offer both a Single Check Rebate AND UP reward (they love to make things crazy for us couponers, don't they?)
- Complete your Single Check Rebate HERE, and they send you a check at the end of the month. It is a regular check, so it does not have to be used at Rite Aid (but it would be a great way to roll your money!) This literally took me less than 2 minutes to complete with my receipt in hand.
After trying this out, it seemed very similar to CVS Extra Care Program, so if you've figured that one out this should be a breeze! It's always a little intimidating to try out a new store, but for this deal I think it's definitely worth it. Have any of you had success at Rite Aid? Please leave a comment to share!
Passionate about penny pinching in your home too? Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook for even more deals!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.