These Pull Apart Cinnamon Rolls are FULL of deliciousness with a yummy cinnamon roll glaze. Plus they have the easiest prep ever!
Pull Apart Cinnamon Rolls – These Have the BEST Cinnamon Roll Glaze EVER!
This recipe has been a tradition in my family for years. It's one of those recipes that if I didn't make it Christmas morning I'd be in some serious trouble! But it's so easy that I really don't mind one bit. 🙂 These delicious cinnamon rolls are the perfect prep ahead breakfast food for ANY brunch or special morning breakfast.
This is similar to a lot of monkey bread recipes that you've likely seen. However, this recipe has a fun and unexpected ingredient. What is that you might wonder??
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING! Sounds weird huh? I thought so too until I tried it. Oh boy does it make this pull apart bread sooooo good! 😋
🍴TIP: This awesome recipe is also found in our Celebration Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
- frozen dinner rolls (you'll need the raw dough rolls that rise)
- butterscotch pudding (regular, not instant)
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- chopped pecans
How to make Overnight Pull Apart Cinnamon Rolls:
To start, place frozen rolls in a greased bundt pan, then sprinkle with the butterscotch pudding mix. If you don't have a bundt pan, try a 13×9-inch baking dish or large loaf pan. It will work just fine!
Just be sure to use cooking spray or Crisco so that your roll recipe doesn't stick. Next we will move on to the cinnamon sugar mixture to make the glaze for the top of the cinnamon rolls.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Glaze:
To make the cinnamon roll glaze, melt butter, brown sugar and cinnamon up to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove the sauce from heat, add nuts and pour the sugar glaze over the frozen rolls.
Then all you need to do is cover and let your pull apart rolls sit on the kitchen counter overnight.
The next morning, preheat your oven to 350°F.
If rolls have risen really big, punch them down just a bit.
To prevent spilling in the oven, we suggest placing a cookie sheet on bottom oven rack.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly before turning out onto a serving plate – enjoy!
I think these overnight pull apart cinnamon rolls will soon become one of your family favorite recipes as well!
Pull Apart Cinnamon Rolls
- Bundt Pan
- 20 oz pkg frozen dinner rolls
- 3 oz pkg butterscotch pudding (regular, not instant)
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Place frozen rolls in a greased bundt pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch pudding mix.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Remove from heat, add nuts and pour over frozen rolls.
- Cover and let sit on the kitchen counter overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- If rolls have risen really big, punch them down just a bit. To prevent spilling in the oven, place a cookie sheet on bottom oven rack.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly before turning out onto serving plate.
Looking for more yummy recipes like this Overnight Pull Apart Cinnamon Rolls?
Be sure to check out our Celebration Menu Planning Made Easy Set.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet – seriously SO GOOD. Plus, they're the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you. You don't have to worry about downloading anything or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!