Once upon a time, we did a once a month grocery shopping experiment. By week 4, we really had to dig deep and see what we could use from our kitchen!
I had several items in my fridge that I needed to use up, so I quickly came up with this Clean the Cupboards Out Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe.
It was delicious.
My whole family devoured it, my youngest even commented (after sticking her nose up before the very first bite), that “this is actually pretty good mama.” And it even made enough for leftovers later in the week.
So, if you need some dinnertime inspiration, this might just be for you!
Here's what you'll need . . .
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 16 oz Pasta Your preference, we used rotelle
- 24 oz Cottage Cheese or Ricotta
- 16 oz Mozzarella Cheese Shredded, Divided
- 24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- Pepperoni optional
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Parmesan Cheese
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef. After ground beef is browned, add spaghetti sauce and pepperoni. Heat through.
- Mix together cottage (or ricotta) cheese and Mozzarella in a bowl, then add in the ground beef mixture. Add cooked pasta into spaghetti mixture.
- Spoon ingredients into a greased casserole dish
- Top with additional mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 - 25 minutes
- Remove Foil and bake and additional 5 minutes
You can also cook this in a cast iron skillet if you prefer that over a casserole dish. This pasta bake recipe is also very customizable – you can add or remove ingredients as your family likes!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE to view all of our favorite recipes!
More fun deals to take a peek at:
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.