Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Like I've shared with you all this month, we've been working on a once a month grocery shopping experiment, and this week it was time to really dig deep and see what I could use in from our kitchen! I had several items in my fridge that I needed to use up, so I quickly came up with this Clean-the-Cupboards-Out-Pizza-Pasta-Bake.
It was delicious.
My whole family devoured it, my youngest even commented (after sticking her nose up before the very first bite), that “this is actually pretty good mama.” And it even made enough for leftovers later in the week.
So, if you need some dinnertime inspiration, this might just be for you! Here's what you'll need . . .
Clean The Cupboards Out Pizza Pasta Bake
- 16 oz pasta (we used rotelle)
- 24 oz cottage cheese or ricotta (I like ricotta better but needed to use up the cottage cheese that was in the fridge)
- 16 oz mozzarella, divided
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- pepperoni (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef. After ground beef is browned, add spaghetti sauce and pepperoni and heat through.
- Mix together cottage or ricotta cheese and mozzarella in bowl, then add in ground beef mixture.
Add cooked pasta into spaghetti mixture.
- Spoon ingredients into greased casserole dish.
- Top with additional mozzarella and and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.