FREE WORK PLANNER
Looking for an easy pasta bake recipe to help clear your pantry? Check out this pizza pasta bake – It's family friendly and delicious!
Pizza Pasta Bake – A Family Favorite Recipe!
Once upon a time, we did a once a month grocery shopping experiment. By the fourth week, we really had to dig deep and see what we could use from our kitchen!
I had several items in my fridge that I needed to use up, so I quickly came up with this Clean the Cupboards Out Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe.
It was delicious. I'm talking comfort food on a plate delicious.
My whole family devoured it, my youngest even commented (after sticking her nose up before the very first bite), that “this is actually pretty good mama.” And it even made enough for leftovers later in the week.
So, if you need some dinnertime inspiration, this might just be for you!
Pizza Pasta Bake Ingredients:
- Pasta (Any kind – we have used Rotini or Bow Ties in the past. You could turn this into a baked ziti too!)
- Cottage Cheese or Ricotta Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Ground Beef
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pepperoni (optional)
Here's how to make this easy pasta bake:
To get started making this yummy pizza pasta bake, go ahead and get some water boiling and your oven preheated to 350 degrees.
Cook your pasta according to package directions and brown your ground meat in a large skillet. Once your meat is cooked, add in the spaghetti sauce and pepperoni (if you're using any). Heat that meat mixture throughout.
Mix together your cheeses in a medium sized bowl and add to your meat mixture. Then, add the pasta.
Spoon everything into a greased baking dish and top with additional cheese. Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes (25 if your oven runs a bit slower), then remove foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes and enjoy!
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 16 oz Pasta Any Kind (we have used Rotini or Bow Ties in the past)
- 24 oz Cottage Cheese or Ricotta
- 16 oz Mozzarella Cheese Shredded, Divided
- 24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pepperoni Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef. After ground beef is cooked, add spaghetti sauce and pepperoni (if using). Heat through.
- Mix together cottage (or ricotta) cheese and Mozzarella in a bowl, then add in the ground beef mixture. Add cooked pasta into spaghetti mixture.
- Spoon ingredients into a greased casserole dish
- Top with additional mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 - 25 minutes
- Remove Foil and bake and additional 5 minutes
You can also cook this pizza pasta bake in a cast iron skillet if you prefer that over a casserole dish. This pasta bake recipe is also very customizable – you can add or remove ingredients as your family likes. This could easily be made a vegetarian meal if you remove the ground beef (or use a plant based version) and nix the pepperoni. SO good!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE to view all of our favorite recipes!
Love trying new recipes like this Pizza Pasta Bake? Check out all of our Menu Planning Made Easy Sets – each of the recipe boxes have 72 recipes AND your weekly grocery list. It makes meal planning SO easy. Take a look!