My April 2018 Stitch Fix Review
If you missed my FB Live you can't watch it HERE.
I'm just a wee bit excited about this month's Stitch Fix Review! As I started unboxing it (on FB live no less…) I wasn't so sure about it, but I think it's all growing on me and I'm kind of loving it all? So fun!
Here's what they sent:
- Cole Haan Elbridge Leather Ballet Flats $80 ($60 if I kept the whole box)
- Christelle Button Down Polka Dot Blouse $38 ($28.50 if I kept the whole box)
- Trellis Frayed Trim Denim Jacket $78 ($58.50 if I kept the whole box)
- Casia Frayed Hem Chino $50 ($37.50 if I kept the whole box)
- Madelene Raglan Roll Sleeve Knit Top $48 ($36 if I kept the whole box)
Okay, WOW I've never spent this much on a box.
But I totally did this month.
I spent a whopping $200.50 on this box (OUCH), but this one was worth it to me. (I do hope they'll send me a few more frugal items next month – but that jacket and shoes were big splurges for me!
If you watched the video, those pants were way too snug on me, but Caroline walked in and tried them on her and good gravy ~ she looked amazing in them! To have cute pants that fit her so well (especially with graduation parties coming up in the next few weeks. . .) made it totally worth it.
I've also been looking for a jean jacket to replace the one I've had for the last 9 years for ages, so when I saw they sent that I knew it was going to be a little pricey, but I was more than a wee bit excited.
I'm not going to lie ~ I know I could have found similar items elsewhere for less, but the gift of me never having to stress over looking for the right outfit for the right occasion is just amazing.
I would never (ever-never-never)! have considered spending this kind of money on clothes in our early penny pinching years, but at this point in my life it's worth it to me to not spend time shopping and still feel pulled together most days. I do feel like it's worth it to not have to head out shopping (and probably only keep most of the items every few months ~ since this is the only clothes shopping I do I don't feel too awful about that?)
As I've shared before, there are 3 types of folks that I feel like need to consider a trying a Stitch Fix Box:
- those who have $20 to try it out as a gamble (the $20 will go towards any item you keep) and have enough self control to say NO to things that aren't really awesome in their box (right now they're offering a free styling fee, so you just need enough self control to send it back if it's not in your budget and you don't love what you get!)
- moms who work outside of the home and need to feel pull together enough for work
- anyone who needs a decent pair of pants or jeans that fit perfectly (they have the best jeans EVER, if you struggle with finding pants Stitch Fix is worth a shot at least one time!)
The biggest Stitch Fix win this month for me?
Just before Easter we traveled for Spring Break, and I got home realizing I needed an Easter dress. (We were traveling to my in-laws church for Easter, and since we now attend a much more casual church, I don't own any dressier dresses!)
Enter Stitch Fix.
Last July they'd sent me this dress and it fit so well that I decided to keep it (even though I didn't know when on earth I'd wear it ~ but finding a dressy dress that fits well is so hard for me I hung onto it!)
Sure enough, I pulled that dress out of my closet, looked up “what to wear with a navy dress” on Pinterest (not even kidding ~ I totally looked that up), and came up with this cute outfit in one quick trip for accessories at TJMaxx.
It may not seem like a big deal to you~ but as some of y'all know I've spent my life as a size 6 and a size almost-26, so to feel really cute in your own skin at 42 is just the most fun gift ever to me.
So there you have it ~ all my Stitch Fix excuses wrapped into one ~ but truly, I love that they style me now each month ~ it kind of makes me feel like I've won the lottery!
Remember, when you try out Stitch Fix you're paying someone to style you as much as you're paying for their clothes, and for a girl who struggles with figuring out her style, this one's been pretty worth it for me!
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.