The PPP 2022 May Recipe Calendar is here and it is sooooo fun!!! My older two kids will be in and out this summer, and I am ready to get to get cooking with a few of my favorites home (and the menu plan is just so good!)
This little idea to share the calendar has become more and more fun each month, and adding in our new SIDES MENUS makes it extra special (we're still tweaking things a bit but I think you're going to love it!)
****PRINT YOUR MAY MENU PLAN CALENDAR HERE ****
Curious what we're cooking from this month? We'll be using 5 of our Menu Planning Made Easy Boxes this month (we picked several because we wanted you to get to see how the new Sides Dishes Menu Box would work with each of them. I think you're going to love it!)
YOU DO NOT need all of our menu planning boxes to join us ~ if you're on the fence, just pick one and see how it goes for you for the month! But if you're one of those folks who has all of our menu plans (or if you just are looking for some diversity at dinnertime each month!) this is going to be fun for you.
We've got a LOT of Celebration meals to choose from in May: Cinco De May, Mother's Day & Memorial Day all packed into 5 happy weeks ~ bring on Summer!
For the week of May 22nd here's exactly what you need to do if you do have all of our menu plans:
First off…. go get your SIDES MENUS CARDS ~ and get ready for MEATLESS WEEK! Here's what we'll be making:
- Monday: Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan & Copycat Olive Garden Salad (Low Cal Sides, Italian Sides)
- Tuesday: Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad + Garlic Bread (Grilling Sides + I'll be using Rhodes Artisan French Rolls ~ we're partnering with Rhodes this month and I can't wait to try them out)
- Wednesday: Layered Tex Mex Dip (Tex-Mex Sides) and Black Bean Chimichangas (Air Fryer Sides ~ includes directions to bake them if you'd prefer that option!)
- Thursday: Broccoli Gnocchi & Caprese Salad (Italian Sides)
- Friday: Twice Baked Potatoes & Green Goddess Salad
If your family will go nuts doing meatless meals (I get it!) cook up some honey mustard grilled chicken early in the week to add to each dinner. You likely have most of the ingredients already and it'll stretch those meals even a little further.
SIDES MENU PLAN BOX (includes PDF FILES sent right away and the physical cards delivered in the mail!)
Now go get your grocery lists together and start shopping!
I'll be on Facebook Live this week and over on Instagram too making several of these right along with you, and it'll feel easier than it likely does when you see all that (it intimidates me too!)
You’ll find all the recipes for the May Recipe Calendar included in our PPP Meal Packs, BUT don't worry if you haven't purchased them yet. If you order now you'll also receive the PDF files for all recipe cards and grocery lists (we'll send them to your inbox RIGHT AWAY when you order, so you can start meal planning and join us even before your cards ship!)
Here's where I want to make sure you're not a single bit confused though ~ the i.c.o.n.s.
Each cute little recipe “icon” on our calendar corresponds to a menu planning box.
Hang with me here.
Blue Skillet: Sides Series Box (coming SUNDAY, May 1st at 7PM Eastern Time ~ you'll get the PDF files just as soon as you order!)
- NOTE: each of the sides recipes are a different “type” of cooking. The icons will match up with the icons in your box when you get it ~ for example, skillet for “skillet sides”, grill for “grilling sides”, scale for “low cal sides”, green veggies for “low carb sides”, etc.
Um, does that make sense at ALL? I promise it will once you get in the hang of it and YOU WILL LOVE IT. Let's make menu planning and dinnertime FUN!
The SIDES Menu plan will be available on May 1st at 7PM, and we'll send you your menu planning files IMMEDIATELY just as soon as you order. Head over here to download a sample, and we will also let you know as soon as it's up for purchase.
Here's what to expect with the May Recipe Calendar:
We'll be making WEEK TWELVE of the Slow Cooker Volume 2 Meal packs, Weeks THREE and FOUR of the Summer meal packs, Week TWELVE of the Freezer meal packs, LOTS of recipes from the new SIDES meal packs, PLUS the Cinco de Mayo menu, Backyard BBQ Menu, and Mother's Day Brunch from the Celebration meal packs.
Here's a little sneak peak of a few of the recipes we'll be making:
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Favorite Strawberry Pie
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 7UP Biscuits
- Low Country Boil Foil Packets
- Aunt Geri's Gourmet Potatoes
- PLUS our Cinco De Mayo Menu Plan!
It is going to be just a lovely month of happy meals at home!
From now through June 4th, I'm challenging you to join me and make a dinner from the one of our Menu Plans every single day Monday-Friday for 4 straight weeks PLUS the Mother's Day Brunch menu on Sunday, May 8th. (I can't wait for the low country broil, slow cooker pepper steak, and favorite strawberry pie. Those are just a few of my favorites!) I'll be making several of these on Facebook Live with you too this month ~ I am SO ready to get back on track and looking for an amazing month!
Note: the challenge is for four weeks, but each of our menu plans actually include a whopping 12 weeks of meals & desserts!
If you’re interested, you can also still get our Summer Menu Plans, Slow Cooker Volume 2, Celebration Menu Plans and Freezer Menu Plans in the PPP Shop. And don't forget, the SIDES menu plan will be available on Sunday! These have all been VERY WELL LOVED, and with all SEVEN plans, you will pretty much have all your menu plans mapped out forever. 🙂
Whew ~ I think that's it! If you’re ready to actually make dinner at home, with your family gathered around and yummy, good-for-you food on the table, grab your Menu Plans TODAY and join us as we start cooking. I can't wait to start Cooking with you! After that, all that’s left to do is enjoy. Happy happy happy menu planning!
Looking for more menu planning tips? Here's how I menu plan each week in 5 simple steps. Success!
(Here's more information if you need it on previous weeks!)
For the week of May 9th here's exactly what you need to do if you do have all of our menu plans:
1. IF YOU NEED A MENU PLAN FOR MOTHER'S DAY: go pull out the BRUNCH meals from the CELEBRATION SERIES and choose a few recipes for that.
2. Next go grab your FREEZER MENUS recipe cards ~ find the set that says WEEK 12 and get your grocery list card for that. Here's what recipes are included:
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Chicken Broccoli & Potato Bake
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Muddy Buddy Chex Mix
3. Now go get your SIDES MENUS CARDS (this is where it might get a little confusing. Next month when we make the calendar we'll find a way to make it easier!) Choose ANY set you'd like to use (I'm going to make a few from different sets, but you choose what works for you!) Here's what's on the menu plan (but keep it simple and just choose a few!)
- Mozzarella Sticks from the AIR FRYER set
- Mexican Street Corn from the GRILLING set
- Cilantro Line Rice from the TEX MEX set
- Oven Roasted Asparagus from the LOW CARB set
- Aunt Geri's Potatoes from the STARCHES SET
4. Get your grocery lists together and start shopping!
I'll be honest, our goal this month was to let you see all of the sides dishes, but that may feel like a lot of cooking if you're not used to it! So pick two of those. Maybe three. You'll have plenty of extras and can add a simple salad the other nights this week!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.