Here are 17 of the best tips and tricks for shopping Macy's sales with coupons, price match, free shipping and more!
17 Macy's Sale Secrets & Shopping Tips
Love shopping Macy's? So do we! Mostly because it's easy to use online coupons and shipping offers to score a great deal 🙂 But we NEVER shop Macy's without using these tips to save money – and you shouldn't either!
1. Wait for the Weekend for Macy's Coupons
Macy's offers great coupons both for in store and online shoppers. You can expect the BEST sitewide coupons to come out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
2. ONLY Shop Macy's 1-Day Sales
Seriously – save yourself some major money by waiting for the once a month 1-Day Sale to do all your Macy's shopping. (They're actually two days!) Much like the weekend coupons, prices will drop on Friday and carry over through Saturday – but don't wait too long, they jump back up on Sunday!
3. Get FREE Shipping on $25 Orders
Macy's has one of the lowest free shipping thresholds of any online department store – $25! When shopping online you'll automatically get free shipping when your order hits $25 – but if you're just a few dollars shy we recommend heading here to find inexpensive ideas to bump your cart up to the magic number.
4. 90% OFF Clearance is the BEST Macy's Sale
Macy's has some DRASTIC markdowns in their clearance department if you know where to look – you can search by discount percentage! GO HERE for instance and check the box on the left to search for ONLY items that are 80% off or more.
Today while looking we found a Martha Stewart Nautical Stripe Quilt Set for $29.93 Shipped (Reg $290)
Thanks Yhandesha for letting us use your pictures!
5. Price Check Last Act Clearance Tags
In stores you'll notice that the Last Act clearance tags are different colors. Here's what that means!
Yellow = Final Sale. They won't drop any lower. (Prices end in a “6”)
Blue = Next-to-last Markdowns, usually 70% OFF. (Prices end in a “3”) They have one more markdown waiting.
White = Unmarked Clearance. These items SHOULD end in a “3” or a “6” but don't yet – they've not been on the rack long enough to get their Last Act markdown, so take it to a scanner and find the real price!
6. Get CardMember Birthday Gift & Perks
If you become a Macy's Cardholder you'll get some nice perks – and as long as you pay it off every month you won't have to deal with interest. Here are the perks PPP Team Member Staci loves:
- 20% OFF Pass for 2-Days for Signing Up
- FREE Shipping No Minimum for Gold Status and Above (WOW!)
- 25% OFF Star Passes (Exclusive cardmember coupons)
- Birthday Surprise (Varies by user)
- FREE $10 Macy's Star Money to Spend, every time you earn 1000 points.
- Star Money Bonus Days (to earn points faster)
7. OR… Use a Macy's Gift Card For Cardmember Perks!
Did you know that when you use a Macy's gift card to pay for an item, it's seen as “Macy's Currency” and so you can use cardmember coupons? (Even if you're not a card member!) AS LONG AS the gift card covers the purchase 100%, you can use Cardmember coupons on an item.
For Example: Using a Macy's Gift card lets you use an Exclusive Cardholder Coupon for 25% OFF
8. Get a 25% OFF Coupon From Macy's App
There are a few ways to snag a 25% OFF Coupon – which is GREAT if you're planning on making a big purchase!
Text APP to 62297 to download the Macy’s app – then you'll get a 25% off coupon
9. Get a 25% OFF When You Sign up for Macy's Emails
Sign up for Emails Here to get a 25% OFF Code
10. Get a 25% OFF Coupon For Creating a Macy's Account
That's right – another nice coupon opportunity drops in your lap when you take a second to make a Macy's Account Profile. After it's complete you'll receive a 25% OFF Coupon.
11. Macy's Price Matches
Macys has a little known price match policy that can really save you money – here's the basics:
- Macys will price match their online prices if you're in store shopping (Often online prices are better)
- Macy's will price match select competitors for exact same items (Kohls, Belk, Nordstrom, JCPenney & More) – but ONLY if it's not on sale.
In most cases a Macy's sale will be better than a price match. BUT one way this can still benefit you is if you find an item at Kohl's priced better than Macy's, but you want to get the Free Shipping at $25 that Macy's offers.
12. Get $8 Kitchen Appliances with Macy's Rebates
Some of the best deals we've posted on housewares and kitchen appliances come from Macy's. When they mark down their Bella Kitchen Appliances and combine them with a Macy's Rebate Offer – we see some super deals!
The best usually happen around Black Friday – but keep an eye out here for the latest rebates available.
13. Know When You CAN'T Use a Coupon
There are several instances where you cannot use a coupon – and it's best to know going in! Here are the exclusions:
- Last Act Clearance
- Deal of the Day
- Macy's Backstage
- Super Buys
- Everyday Value Items (prices will end in $0.98)
- Premium Brands (Nike, Under Armour, Apple, North Face, Dyson and more)
14. Get Rewarded for Store Pickups
At certain times of the year you can get a 15% – 20% OFF Coupon just for choosing store pickup on your purchase. To make sure you know when these events are happening, sign up for Macy's Emails.
15. Get FREE Beauty Gifts
One of the ONLY ways I'll buy my Estee Lauder Makeup is when they're offering Free Gifts. Check out the FREE Beauty Gifts Section Here to see what's available at any given time.
16. Shop Both Black Fridays for the CRAZIEST Deals
Shop Macy's traditional Black Friday sale in November as well as the Black Friday Macy's Sale in July sale for the best deals of the year.
We see some incredible doorbusters and extra low prices that are extra worth shopping!
17. Macy's BEST Deals Are On These 10 Items
We cover the Macy's sale pretty regularly and the best deals we see are on the following categories
- Bedding/Comforter & Sheet Sets
- Women's Boots
- Men's Suits (They often go on clearance)
- Beauty Brands (Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder etc)
- Kitchen Appliances and Knife Sets
- Bath Towels (As low as $2.99)
- Ralph Lauren Pillows
- Pyrex Sets
- Glassware Sets
Are you a Macy's shopper extraordinaire? Let us know what other tips and tricks you know for saving money at Macy's!
STUDENT ACADEMIC PLANNER!
Download your FREE sample now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.