FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
This grilled romaine salad recipe is my favorite kind of salad EVER.
My friend Cheree messaged me after she made this one up and said “LAURIE. This is a restaurant quality salad ~ you've got to try this one today!”
(She knows I love a yummy salad recipe, so of course I made it right away.)
What was fascinating to me is that you actually grill the salad on the grill (I know? Isn't that nuts?) which is what gives it just the perfect flavor. (I used a grill basket like this one. It definitely made it easier!)
Because I love a yummy fruity salad (I make them at least a few days a week for lunch), I almost always keep strawberries, blueberries and pecans on hand. So I added every bit of that yumminess, and created a happy fresh rainbow-color-salad right at home.
We served it with this Honey Grilled Garlic Chicken, creamed corn and homemade bread, and the most delightful dinner was done.
Tip: Don't have a grill? Follow the instructions below for the grilled romaine salad, just make it all up on your stovetop. It'll work just fine! Because we love this one so much we added it to our Side Dishes Menu Plan (launching May 1st at 7PM Eastern Time!), and I know you'll want to add it to your menu plan right away too.
Here's the recipe . . .
Grilled Romaine Salad With Peaches
- 3 count pkg hearts of
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch
- 3 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsps balsamic glaze
- strawberries ior blueberries (optional)
- candied pecans (optional)
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Cut romaine hearts lengthwise to make 6 halves; brush cutsides evenly with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill romaine, cut sides down, 2 minutes or until lettuce is slightlycharred. Remove from grill, and transfer to serving platter.
- Brush onion slices with 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill onion 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brownand tender.
- Brush cut sides of peaches with remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon oliveoil. Grill peaches, cut side down, 3-4 minutes or until goldenbrown and tender. Cut into slices.
- Top grilled romaine with onions, peaches and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
The Grilled Romaine Salad With Peaches recipe is included in the grilling section of our new Side Dishes Menus Plan and I'm so excited to have tons of yummy recipes to pair all year long. These will make plain old chicken or pork night feel a wee bit more inviting (and you'll want to actually eat the leftovers too!) If you ever struggle with side dish ideas, these are just for you.
Learn more about our new menu plans right over HERE, and in the mean time get your grill going and make this one today. I promise anyone who likes a salad will love it, and you'll have a healthy hearty side with plain old chicken tonight. 🙂
Do you love a hearty salad? What's your favorite way to top it? Leave a comment to let me know ~ I love hearing from you!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply