I've had a slight problem with picking up a few too many bananas at Aldi lately, so my freezer is packed with browned bananas that didn't get eaten quickly enough! I finally decided it was time to do something with all those bananas, and came up with this healthified 🙂 treat that we loved. They're good for you, and a great way to use up some fruit in your kitchen if you have it.
(You can also easily double the batch . . which is what I did because muffins go fast around here!)
Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups raisin bran
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 apple, shredded
- 2 very ripe banaas
- 1/2 cup honey
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl, and add raisin bran. Let stand for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a seperate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamonn melted butter, apple, banana and honey.
- Add to egg and milk mixture, and stir until mixed.
- Spoon unto muffin cups, and bake for 18-20 minutes (mine were closer to 18.)
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.