FREE WORK PLANNER
This beef roast with garlic and veggies is made in the slow cooker and is a perfect meal all in one. Simply set it up and let it cook all day. SO good!
Beef Roast with Garlic and Veggies
If you love garlic and you love a roast cooked in the crockpot, then stop everything, grab up the ingredients and get this one slow cooking for your bunch tonight! This one is great for a busy weekend or even to have on a night when you have an activity with kiddos that gets you home late.
This garlic lovers roast and veggies is a meal in one (I love that!). However, a loaf of homemade bread is never a bad idea, right???
Here's what you'll need to get started!
Ingredients needed for Beef Roast with Garlic and Veggies:
- beef shoulder roast
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt & cracked black pepper
- dried rosemary
- low-sodium beef broth
- Yukon baby potatoes
- baby carrots
MENU TIP: This Beef Roast with Garlic and Veggies is from our Slow Cooker Volume 2 Menu Plan. It comes with your grocery lists and a weekly plan for your meals!
How to make this garlic lovers roast SUPER tender:
First, remove the roast from the refrigerator, and let stand while you prepare vegetables. This is to knock off some of the coolness and get the roast to room temperature.
Using a sharp knife, pierce the meat about ½-inch deep, and insert slivers of garlic into each hole, pushing all the way in.
Spray roast lightly with olive oil cooking spray, and season generously with salt, pepper and dried rosemary.
Brown roast on all sides in a large non-stick skillet, about 4 minutes per side and then transfer to a slow cooker.
Next, load the potatoes, carrots and any remaining garlic around roast and then pour 1 cup of the beef broth over vegetables.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until roast and veggies are tender. Remove roast from slow cooker and slice.
Finally, make a slurry by whisking the remaining 2 cups of beef broth with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Turn your crockpot to high and stir the slurry into the slow cooker. Add the roast back to the slow cooker, cover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened.
Yum, yum and YUM!!! 😋
MENU TIP: This beef roast with garlic recipe is from week 1 of our slow cooker volume 2 menu planning made easy set!
Beef Roast with Garlic and Veggies
- 3 lb beef shoulder roast, trimmed of all fat
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- olive oil spray
- salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tsps rosemary, chopped and dried
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth, divided
- 2 lbs Yukon baby potatoes, cubed
- 16 oz baby carrots
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- Remove roast from refrigerator and let stand while you prepare vegetables.
- Using a sharp knife, pierce meat about ½-inch deep and insert slivers of garlic in each hole, pushing all the way in. Spray roast lightly with olive oil cooking spray and season generously with salt, pepper and dried rosemary.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Place potatoes, carrots and any remaining garlic around roast. Pour 1 cup beef broth over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until roast and veggies are tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and slice.
- Whisk remaining 2 cups beef broth with 2 tablespoons cornstarch to make a slurry; stir into slow cooker. Turn to high; add roast back to slow cooker, cover and cook an additional 15 minutes until thickened.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week one of our slow cooker volume 2 menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
A HUGE thank you to Michelle in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing her pictures of the Garlic Lovers Roast & Veggies. Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.