FREE HOME PLANNING
If you're looking for an easy Keto ice cream recipe – girrrrrl have I got you covered! (or guy….) I've eaten lazy keto/low carb for the last 4 years and I LOVE my ice cream during the Summertime. But the cost of keto ice cream in the grocery is bananas – and often it's hard as a rock and not the flavors I really want.
So I grabbed this Dash Ice Cream Maker and got to experimenting….. (It's $17.99 at Kohl's right now with code FRIENDS20!) *Ends 7/30 I like that it takes up hardly any space and I just keep it in my freezer ready to go on the next batch!
Here's the ice-cream recipe I landed on by mixing up a few others that I tried – it's SO GOOD, SO CREAMY and only 4 CARBS per serving. (Or 3.2 Carbs with the substitution mentioned later in the post) To make this ice cream, you need just 5 ingredients (And honestly two of them are optional) If you've done any keto baking you probably already have the weird ones in your pantry. Here's what you need!
Keto Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/6 CupPowdered Sugar-Free Sweetener (I use this Xylitol Blend – but you can use Swerve or other types!)
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1 tsp Vanilla (Optional)
- Dash of Salt (Optional)
Keto Ice Cream Directions:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all ingredients on medium speed for a minute or two until it thickens noticeably.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and use according to the directions. Mine takes 15-20 minutes to get to soft-serve consistency.
- You can eat it right away, but I like to put mine in Rubbermaid container back in the freezer for a little while until it's harder.
- Scoop it out when you're ready to eat!
1/2 Cup Serving = 4.1 Carbs
For me, this makes two 1/2 Cup servings, which I find very satisfying and filling. If this recipe is too sweet for you, I would cut back just a bit on the sweetener. I like to make a double batch of ice cream mix and keep half of it covered in the freezer. When I'm done with the first batch, it's ready to pour in to make the next batch later in the week!
Lower Carb Substitution:
I've read that you can use Guar Gum as a Xantham gum substitute to drop the carb count even LOWER to just 3.2 Carbs per serving. I went and looked at the label on Rebel Ice Cream (my grcoery store favorite) and guar gum is what they use too. Let me know if you try it!
Keto Ice Cream Add-Ins:
When I get tired of plain vanilla – I like to add in these things to give it variety:
- Keto Chocolate Chips
- Atkins Brownie (chopped into fine little chunks)
- Russel Stover's Mint Patties or Peanut Butter Cups
- Aldi's Keto Cookies
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.