5 Cyber Monday Tips to Help You Shop Smart
If you're overwhelmed with shopping already this Christmas (eek!) here are a few tips to help you stay on track this Cyber Monday so you save a bundle without busting your Christmas budget this year.
Be sure to stay tuned as we continue to post MORE CYBER MONDAY DEALS all day long, and I'd love to hear what you would add to the list!
1 . Focus On Your List
Have you ever spent a whole day zooming back and forth from site to site looking at this deal, then that deal – and come away without having bought a THING? It's easy to get distracted on Cyber Monday… that's why our first tip is to FOCUS.
If you don't have a list yet, it's probably a good time to take 15 minutes and make one. (Or print out this awesome Christmas Made Easy Check List!)
Jot down everyone you need to buy for, and what they've asked for – and you'll have something to focus on as you sift through Cyber Week Deals.
2 . Know Your Overall Budget
We have all gotten carried away at a good sale before – so keep in mind your realistic overall budget and deduct from it as the day goes on. This goes hand in hand with the first tip – if you have a list to focus on, this step is much easier to keep up with!
I've had trouble with this myself some years – overbuying for one child and not realizing it until I was wrapping the last gifts on Christmas Eve (YIKES!)
3 . If You Find a Deal, Don't Wait
If you find a low price on something you need – BUY QUICKLY!
On Black Friday, if you missed out on a deal it was likely that that deal would come around again on Cyber Monday. But if you miss a deal on Cyber Monday you might be missing your list good chance!
Right now stores have to price-match one another just to stay in the competition. But afterwards… it's anyone's guess whether they'll drop the price back down so low.
4 . Let Us Do The Work FOR You!
You can spend hours and hours looking through online ads, searching for all the available codes and free shipping promos – and then price comparing it with every other store….
Let us do the work for you! The PPP Team be on our toes looking for the best deals, on the most-wished-for items, and posting them all day long here on PassionatePennyPincher.com.
Want *only* the really hot deals? Get FREE Text Alerts of the Hottest Christmas Deals! These are just the select few BEST deals we think you'll be sad if you missed out on.
- Text Follow ppphotdeals to 40404
- You’ll receive a message from Twitter that says “want to tweet? Welcome to Twitter! You’re now following @ppphotdeals and you’ll receive your Tweets on your phone. (Std msg rates apply. Reply w/HELP for more.)
- To STOP getting updates, just text Off
5 . Use a Price Comparison Tool
If you still need a deal on an item we haven't covered you can use CamelCamelCamel to find out who has the best current price.
Not only can you compare current prices across online retailers – but you can TRACK the price for Amazon. That means you can look at the price history for an item on Amazon and see if this is likely to be the lowest price – or if it often jumps up and down.
Did you know…. The PPP Team uses Amazon Price Tracking tools already when we deal post. That's how we can confidently tell you if something is the lowest price it's likely to go!
Bonus Amazon Tips:
- Look at upcoming Lightning Deals and if you find one that you are SUPER interested in, go ahead and add it to your cart 10-15 minutes before it goes live. The second it goes live and the price is revealed, you can buy it and beat out other shoppers.
- Amazon Prime Members will get early access to Lightning Deals – so you'll DEFINITELY want to get a FREE Amazon Prime 30 Day Trial tonight. It'll also get you Free Shipping on even smaller items – which is super valuable!
- For more about Amazon Prime benefits – check out our post 5 Reasons You Need to Get Amazon Prime NOW
Find extra helpful tips in my post 10 Secrets You Need to Know About Black Friday Shopping!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.