FREE HOME PLANNING
This delicious Chicken Tamale Casserole is full of cheesy goodness and will quickly become a family favorite. Give it a try!
If you're looking for a delicious and easy meal to whip up tonight, this tamale casserole bake is SURE to be a winner! It takes just a few items and is loaded with flavor. This will quickly become one of your families favorite meals!
MENU TIP: This chicken tamale casserole recipe is from week 7 of our summer menu planning made easy set!
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Tamale Casserole:
- rotisserie chicken
- mexi-blend cheese
- cream style corn
- corn muffin mix
- green chiles
- red enchilada sauce
- green onion
Chicken Tamale Casserole
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 cups mexi-blend cheese shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 14.75 oz cream style corn
- 8.5 oz corn muffin mix
- 4 oz green chiles chopped, canned
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 4 green onions diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine 1⁄4 cup cheese, milk, egg, cumin, corn, muffin mix, and green chiles, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish
- Bake 15 minutes or until cornbread is set. Remove from ovenand pierce the entire surface with a fork. Pour enchilada sauceover cornbread and top with chicken and remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven and letstand 5 minutes.
- Top with green onion and cilantro, if desired. Cut into big squares to serve.
If you're looking for a deal on chicken for this recipe, you can get this Perdue Chicken Breast delivered right to your door!
Looking for more yummy meals? This chicken tamale casserole bake recipe is from week seven of our summer menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.