Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Last Friday my husband had knee surgery which was supposed to be finished lickety-split, and we thought he'd be back up and running around by the weekend.
Ummm . . . but that didn't happen.
Instead, the surgery was a little bit bigger than they'd expected, and he'll be on crutches for the next six weeks.
Six. Weeks. Ouch.
So, I've been laying out his clothes, putting paste on his toothbrush, taking care of a few household chores he usually handles, and trying to just survive three busy kids and one pitiful husband. To say we're all exhausted around here is an understatement.
However when a few friends offered to bring me dinner Friday night, I absolutely said no. (I cook dinner most nights all by myself, so this little surgery was nothing special, right?) Friday when we got home though, I was faced with figuring out how James was going to manage our two story house on crutches, what on earth to make for dinner, and ~ as luck would have it ~ our air conditioning stopped working on what had to be the hottest day of the summer here in Alabama.
So when those friends of mine brought dinner over anyway, well, that was just the nicest little gift. I'd forgotten what a blessing it is to have a meal show up at your door, but it meant so much to all of us, and reminded me how important it is to take a meal to someone else when the opportunity arises.
My two cents? Always accept a meal when someone offers. And, be sure to offer a meal whenever you can. 😉 This recipe is just perfect if you're trying to come up with something to make and take, and awfully yummy to keep at home too.
Cheesy Chicken Rolls
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can milk (just use the can that the cream of chicken soup was in)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into 16 triangles.
- Place some of the shredded chicken and about a sprinkling of cheese in each triangle. Press to seal around the chicken.
- Once all 16 rolls are rolled up, bake in pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Remove crescent rolls from oven, and pour cream of chicken and milk mixture over crescent rolls.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
They also brought over this BTS Cake. Oh my heavens ~ yum. (I'll post the recipe this weekend . . . I'm now back on a diet thanks to all that yummy food!)
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.