Oh my word.
This is some must-make-chicken.
So. so. good.
It's good for you too.
You're welcome. 🙂
One of the sweet girls that joined our 21 Day Fix group shared it from Fit Mom Angel D, and I was honestly so surprised that it was so yummy. (If you're interested in joining the group, we'll start a new round in mid-April.) It was absolutely fantastic, and just got added to our regular menu rotation even when we're not 21-day-fixin'.
(In fact, my 15 year old got home late from rugby practice and ooh'ed and aah'ed over the leftovers. Success!)
So, pull out your sharpest knife (I've heard rave reviews on these), and get ready to chop up some fresh tomatoes. You'll be so glad you did!
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Parmesan cheese (I used about 1/4 cup – use more or less depending on your personal preference ~ I like the DiGiorno Parmesan cheese or Kroger Private Selection found in the dairy case best)
- Mix together bruschetta ingredients in bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place chicken in gallon bag.
- Mix together remaining ingredients for chicken and pour over chicken.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, longer if you have time (overnight is best, but I only had one hour and it was still delicious!)
- Let chicken sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place chicken in baking dish, discard marinade.
- Cook 30-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. (Can also grill chicken on grill if you prefer, 5 minutes per side.
- Serve bruschetta on top of chicken, garnish with a little extra Parmesan if desired. Can also serve over pasta.
21 Day Fix Counts
- 4 oz chicken toped with 1/2 – 1 cup bruschetta salsa = 1 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 blue, and 1 tsp
Looking for more 21 Day Fix Recipes? Try out this 21 Day Fix Approved Black Bean Chili.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.