Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
We're 3 days into the 21 Day Fix (I'm loving the group that's joined me there!), and had to share a quick recipe we tried earlier this week!
My husband loves chili, so I was determined to find a lightened up recipe that he would like. This was perfect (really, so good), and the best part was that we have leftovers to pack for lunches this week.
Here's how to get started . . .
Chili (makes 8 servings)
21 DAY FIX SERVINGS: 1/2 green, 1 red, 1/2 yellow for 1 cup serving
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs raw 93% lean, ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green (or red) bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans (can also used pinto beans), drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added (do not drain)
- 1 (12 oz) can rotel (do not drain)
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and turkey and cook over medium high heat until turkey is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Next, add cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper to saucepan.
- Cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add drained beans, Rotel and canned tomatoes with liquid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, 15-20 minutes until thickened.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
Try more chili recipes here:
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.