Congratulations to Tammy for winning the $15 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway! Here's Tammy's (very sweet!) comment :
I would like to see you have a “Wordless Wednesday.” I have noticed that many woman on other blogs set aside Wednesday so that they have a chance to take a break from it all, watch their little babies dance and giggle, and do the things that need to be done for themselves. Life is TOO short, and I promise that all the people who follow your blog will be here Thursday morning :O) (Just sayin’)
I love this idea, however because of my weekly schedule I really do take much of the day off on Thursday by scheduling posts in advance (unless I just have to do a quick roundup!); I also enjoy Sundays completely away from the computer! I really do live in fear that if I take a day off you all won't come back the next day, so I appreciated Tammy pointing out that maybe a few of you would come on back if I miss a day. 🙂
Thank you all so much for all your great tips on how to make PPP better and your honesty. Here are just a few comments on those (don't worry, I'm not planning to make any major changes . . . just wanted a little feedback!)
- More Recipes: I would love to do more recipes but in all honesty they're the most time-consuming part of the site, and I have enough meals to test them on our family (which is often difficult on nights that my kids have basketball, baseball, gymnastics, piano & Lego Robotics . . . ughhhhhh!) I'll keep putting up as many recipes as time allows though!
- More Healthy Recipes: I loved this idea too – and am going to work on that one this week (we'll see how it goes!)
- More Store Matchups: I'm thinking about borrowing store matchups from other sites and then sending you their way for the complete list. I may even do just a master matchup list once a week directing you to other sites for stores I don't do; I feel like it's unfair for me to do matchups on stores I can't get to on my own to really give you the nitty-gritty deals that they offer!
- Focus only on Publix & Kroger: These really are the stores I shop at, so I know them better than anywhere else. However, they're limited to a very small portion of the country (limiting folks in other areas from joining us on PPP!) I don't plan on taking on in-depth matchups for other stores, but would like to offer something to folks in other areas. (I've received so many emails from people in different parts of the country and I hate not being able to help them out too!)
- Five Minute Challenges: I'm so glad you all enjoy these (I like them too!), and as long as I have enough time in my day to post them daily, they're here to stay! I've struggled with keeping these because I know they're not really a deal, but loved hearing you all liked them too 🙂
- More Random Ramblings/Frugal Living Posts: My goal is to post at least one of these weekly on Thursdays (which allows me to take a little time off on Thursday's too!) Thanks for letting me know you all enjoy these!
- Mobile Version: My computer guy is working on this now. I'm so glad it was mentioned because since I don't have a fancy phone I never even thought about it!
- Ability to reply to specific comments: FIXED! 🙂
I just appreciate you all taking the time to read PPP so much, and if you do have any other suggestions feel free to leave a comment or send me an email at contact @ passionate penny pincher.com (leave out spaces). Congratulations Tammy!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Tammy Y says
I didn’t post my opinion so that I would win the gift card, only to let you know how much you are appreciated! Thanks so much for picking me, though. I’m going to let my son get something for himself since he reached the 100,000 word AR goal 🙂
Yayyyyyyy for your little boy Tammy! Random.org randomly picks the winner – so I didn’t pick you (but I did smile when yours was the comment picked!) So glad you won & congrats!