FREE WHOLE FOODS
Note: these were the sample sizes from my dermatologist to show you a peek. The links we shared from Amazon are the full size products! I just happened to notice these were all discounted to some degree for Prime Day so wanted to let you know.
What does the Dr. really recommend for daily skin care? These products were recommended to me by my dermatologist a few weeks ago (and can be found on Amazon) so I wanted to share them with you! (That's what virtual friends are for right?)
NOTE: What might be right for my skin may not be right for yours – so check with a dermatologist before starting any skincare routine!
I had my skin checked recently by my dermatologist (I'm pretty fair skinned but have always been REALLY faithful about always wearing sunscreen and moisturizing ~ however I've never actually gone to get baseline skin check, and knew it was time to get that done!). I wanted to just make sure there wasn't anything I needed to worry over and see if she had any recommendations for the very best ways to care for my skin.
You can see my favorite makeup that I use right over HERE which includes sunscreen in my foundation. I really do love that stuff!)
I loved the tips my dermatologist recommended on best skincare products to buy on Amazon, so figured I'd share them with you. The La Roche products are definitely a little on the pricey side but I think will last me for months, so we'll see how it goes!
Here's what she recommended that can be found on Amazon:
- EltaMD UV Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40 – $26.30 after $6.10 off Prime Day Savings – just ordered this one again because I was totally out and miss having it!
- La Roche-Posay Pure Vitamin C Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Salicylic Acid – $29.99 after $10 off coupon in cart (normally $39!)
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face, with Vitamin B5 – $25.23 (normally $32!)
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser – $17.74 (this is a HUGE bottle!)
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin – $11.62 (this one's huge too!)
She sent me home with a bunch of sample sizes (shown above), so I've ordered a few of them to try out. So far I like all of them, but my favorite by far is the Elta Tinted Sunscreen to use (and she recommended I use them on my neck area too ~ just watch out because it will get on your blouse if you're wearing something with a higher neckline!).
My neck has always bothered me a little bit, and it just seems to even things out (since I haven't always been great about putting sunscreen and moisturizer on my neck, I'm hoping this will help!)
And here's how she recommended using them:
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Pure Vitamin C Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Salicylic Acid
- EltaMD UV Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face, with Vitamin B5
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin
She also recommended Tretinoin Cream (also known as Retin-A). You can only get that from a physician ~ I totally took her up on it. I've heard amazing reviews and the cost out of pocket was around $30 – the bottle should last me a few months. We'll see how it does!
I'll be honest, being online so much (and sharing so much video around here!), definitely makes me anxious about my wrinkles and age spots as they're popping up, so I'm just doing my best to keep my skin in as good shape as I can. (So far I really don't mind getting older because I really don't feel older most days, but I don't want to look older than I need to if I don't have to ~ whew!).
What skin care have you found that you've loved? Do you have any recommendations? Have you tried any of these? I'd sure love to hear your tips ~ now scoot on off and go moisturize your neck ladies! 🙂
Looking for more tips like this? Here you go!
- What's in my Makeup Bag (the makeup I wear every single day)
- 10 Best Selling Beauty Products on Amazon
- Favorite Makeup Remover Cloths (no soap needed)!