Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Black Bean Air Fryer Chimichangas
If you've watched me ever on video you may know that I'm a wee bit terrified of my Ninja Foodi, but I decided to try out these Air Fryer Black Bean Chimichangas in it today and oh-my-word I am so impressed.
If you have an air fryer – this one is for YOU!
It's way easier than you think, doesn't take too much prep work, and is a super fun Tex Mex dish to add to your regular Taco Tuesday! I used Knorr Rice Sides to make it fast (they cook right up in the microwave, just use a big bowl because the water will start to boil), threw it all together, and in no time this super simple side dish was done.
This recipe is from our Side Dish Menu Plan Air Fryer Section ~ and while I was a little unsure about the concept of an entire menu plan just for side dishes, our family has loved every single recipe! We're using the May Menu Calendar which is pretty heavily focused on side dishes this week, and last night made the Olive Garden Copykat Salad from the Italian Sides along with Baked Cauliflower Parmesan from the Low Carb Sides.
(Sneak peek of the baked cauliflower. I was shocked at how yummy that one was!)
They were so good.
With all these yummy sides you can add some simple grilled chicken (or even the Layered Tex Mex Dip like we're doing tonight), and your family will gobble it down. I hope this encourages you to do a little more fun cooking at home ~ I know I'm loving it, and sure do hope you love it too!
Here's the recipe:
prep 15 minutes | cook 9 minutes | serves 10 | 364 calories per serving
- 1 pkg Mexican-style rice mix, Knorr or Rice-a-Roni
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chunky medium salsa
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 10-count pkg taco-size flour tortillas
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, olives
- Cook rice according to package directions, then stir together with black beans, salsa and cheese.
- Spread ⅓ cup rice mixture just below center of each tortilla. Fold bottom third up and over filling just until covered. Fold left and right sides of tortilla over, and roll up.
- Brush both sides of chimichanga with melted butter, butter and then place, seam side down into air fryer basket.
- Bake at 400°F 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.
- Bake, seam sides down, on a lightly greased baking sheet at 400°F 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Would you love to try a few new Side Dishes? Check out our new Side Dish Menu Plans and be sure to make the Black Bean Chimichangas and Layered Tex Mex Dip when you do. Leave a comment and let me know what you're making for dinner tonight ~ I'm cheering for you!