Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
We had these Chicken Ranch Tacos on the menu plan last week, and they were a huge hit! Not only were they great for taco night, we used the leftover chicken to make chicken tacos on Super Bowl Sunday.
And my husband loved them. Seriously, loved them.
One day slow cooking for two nights of yummy meals? Yes, please!
Apparently this recipe has been around awhile (several folks on Facebook mentioned they'd tried it before), but it was completely new to me. I keep thinking that surely I've made every single variation of chicken in the slow cooker on the planet, but this was a new one for me! Here's how to get dinner finished in your home this week . . .
4 Ingredient Chicken Ranch Tacos
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning (also try making your own if you'd like)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- taco fixin's – tortillas, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa
- Place chicken breast in slow cooker.
- Mix together taco seasoning, ranch seasoning and chicken broth.
- Pour chicken broth mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low 5 hours.
- Shred chicken and cook another 30 minutes on low
- Serve over tacos – can also use to make chicken nachos
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 2/3/15):
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.99/lb at Food Lion & Harris Teeter or $2.50/lb at Meijer
- Or check out Target with the $5/$20 Target meat coupon
- Ole Flour tortillas $1 at Kroger
- Ortega Taco Seasoning $.79 at Giant Eagle or BOGO at Harris Teeter or Bi Lo, use $1/3 coupon from the 1/25 SmartSOurce insert
- McCormick Taco Seasoning $.53 at Walmart, use $.50/2 coupon from the 1/25 Red Plum insert
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.