Do your kids (or hubby ~ ahem) love meandering the aisles of Dick's Sporting Goods? Mine do too, but goodness their prices can be so expensive! However there are a few easy ways to save every time you shop at Dick's, which can really make a difference. Here are my top tips:
1. Sign up for the Dick's Scorecard Rewards program.
Dick's offers a free rewards program that gives you a $10 gift card every time you earn 300 points. Each dollar you spend at Dick's earns one point, and they often send out special coupons for bonus points when you shop, meaning you'll earn that $10 even faster.
In addition to earning points, Dick's Scorecard users get targeted coupons.
Every time you shop Dick's they track what you purchase through your Scorecard (similar to Kroger) and you'll receive targeted coupons aimed at what you buy via mail at least once a month.
2. Look for coupons in your local Entertainment Book or other local coupon book.
In all the cities I've lived in, both my Entertainment Book and our local Enjoy the City Guide or Save Around Books offer bundles of Dick's coupons. They're typically for at least $10 off a $50 purchase, and our Entertainment Book coupons include a $20/$100 coupon as well.
These coupons usually can't be used online, so you'll need to shop in the store to take advantage of these deals.
3. When shopping online, always check for a coupon code.
4. Take advantage of Dick's Winning Price Guarantee.
Dick's will price match other stores identical sales when you bring in the competitor's ad at the time of purchase. They don't match rebates, coupons, or buy one get one free offers, but this is a great extra way to save when you're shopping for other items at Dick's too!
Their price match guarantee doesn't discuss online pricing, so if you're in the store and find something cheaper online (for example, using the Amazon App), it's worth asking if they'll give you the same price.
5. Sign up for Dick's emails.
Just for signing up for Dick's emails you'll get a 10% off coupon ~ definitely worth it if you're spending a bundle there this Christmas!
6. Watch for free shipping online.
Dick's frequently offers free shipping with no minimum purchase ~ in fact I just checked and that offer is going on throughout the day today. If you plan to shop online at Dick's, definitely watch for those free shipping day to enjoy free delivery!
7. Don't miss Dick's clearance sales.
Dick's offers huge clearance sales after Christmas and throughout the year, so watch for those especially when looking for seasonal gear. This is a great way to save 50% off or more on shoes, coats, and more when you shop.
8. Remember that Dick's and Field & Stream are owned by the same company.
This tip may not help in all areas, but in Columbus, Ohio where we live, our Dick's and Field & Stream are adjacent to one another, and you can purchase items for either store at either store's checkout.
Last week my husband noticed that Field & Stream had a cooler on sale that wasn't on sale at Dick's, but he was able to pick it up in the Field & Stream store, then purchase at Dick's so that he could take advantage of the Dick's coupon. Definitely worth watching for those extra savings when you're there!
9. Take advantage of gas gift card deals.
If you regularly shop Kroger or Giant Eagle, pick up a Dick's gift card when you're there to double up on fuel points, then head to Dick's to shop. Don't forget they offer 4x fuel points occasionally, which can help you save a bundle on gas when shopping other stores!
10. Don't forget Dick's has sales just like every other store.
What other tips do you have for shopping Dick's Sporting Goods? I'd love to hear them ~ leave a comment to share.
Would you like to save at more stores? Don't miss these posts:
- 14 Secrets You Need To Know About Shopping Amazon
- 22 Items You Need to Look for at Ikea
- 7 Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping Michaels
- 7 Stores You Need to Shop When Decorating on a Budget
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Shopping at TJMaxx
- 10 Money Saving Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping at Target
- 15 Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping at Walmart
- 10 Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping Old Navy