This weekend we're starting work on a big honey-do list of projects around our house. We've lived in our home for eight years (which is the longest we've ever stayed in one place), and while the house was new when we bought it, it's in need of a little TLC!
So, we've made a list to start tackling some of these projects (we're hoping to knock out a bunch this weekend ~ we'll see . . .) and maybe it'll motivate your family too to get started if you're in the same place. Here's what's on our list (some of these are things that have to be done, and a few are me just dreaming . . . )
Re-stain front door
- Clean and paint front porch rocking chairs
- Paint front porch swing
- Fix front porch railing (this one's a big job ~ yikes!)
- Paint/touch up siding
- Re-stain deck
- Get a new light bulb for the refrigerator
- Sweep out cobwebs on the front porch
- Get fans for the front porch (maybe?)
- Recover dining room chairs
Cut down front tree(it was dead ~ my son tackled that one this morning)
- Replace tree in front yard
- Re-paint mailbox
- Paint tables for front porch
- Tile/brick/add something? to the front porch
- Get new kitchen curtains
- Re-paint guest bathroom
- Paint kids bathroom
- Update playroom
(I also love these blue ones for $23 on Amazon, and think they would look cute with white or black chairs!)
I'd love to hear your suggestions . . . I know last night over on Facebook folks were strongly pulling for the white chairs, but I think I'm going to try one of the big chairs in black before making a decision. I'll update you next week with how it looks!
See more previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!