And, what makes it even a little better is that it's a crockpot dinner – does it get any better than that? So, grab your load of healthy veggies while you're at Publix and plan for a warm, yummy, HEALTHY, dinner tonight!
(I know this is a LOT of ingredients! If you feel like it's way too much, skip a few of the items – I think last time I made it I left out the spinach and mushrooms, because I just didn't want to spend that much. Just do what makes sense for your family – but it's a great way to sneak in oodles of fresh veggies and maybe your family will survive!)
This is in my crockpot right now, so I'll add the picture tonight!
Beef Stew and Pasta
- 4 cups 4 cups water
- 2 cups Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Small Red Potatoes Quartered
- 1 cup Great Northern or Navy Beans Dried
- 1/2 cup Carrots Sliced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms Quartered
- 1/2 lb Lean Round Steak Cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 14.5 oz Chunky Tomatoes Undrained
- 14 oz Fat Free Lower Sodium Beef Broth
- 3 whole Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Zucchini Sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup Ziti Uncooked
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large electric slow cooker.
- Cover with lid, and cook on high-heat setting for 6 hours.
- Add zucchini and next six ingredients (everything but the Parmesan); cover and cook on high-heat setting for an additional 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Serve with . . .
We had this for dinner tonight and it was really good, and even better because it's good for you! I forgot to add the squash (I hurried out to get my kiddos and it was sitting right next to the crockpot), and skipped the spinach to save a dollar. (My hubby was glad – he doesn't like spinach much but I think it would have made it even better!) It makes A LOT of food, so you'll have enough for leftovers and maybe even some to freeze. Enjoy!
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply