FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Now that we're back in school full force around here, I've had to come up with a few simple recipes to throw together while distracting a busy pre-schooler, reviewing spelling words with an “I'd-rather-be-outside-playing-11 year-old”, and forcing encouraging good penmanship from a little girl who thinks typing is correctly the wave of the future (so why on earth would I expect her to learn to write legibly?) Can I just say . . . ughhhhhh?
This recipe fits the bill. You can cook it in the midst of a wave of distractions, and there's not too much chance in messing it up. (Always a blessing around here!) It's also easy to eat on the go, and a little change of pace from plain-old taco night. Top it however you like, and you've got dinner on the table tonight! 🙂
Easy Taco Pizza
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Taco Bells Home Originals Taco Dinner Kit
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese Mexican Blend
- Shredded Lettuce
- Tomato, Chopped
- Sour Cream optional
- Sliced Black Olives optional
- Salsa optional
Can you tell which end the kids ate and which end we tried out?
- Pre-bake pizza crust according to package directions. When finished baking, heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meawhile, cook meat with taco seasoning mix in taco kit according to directions on seasoning packet. Stir in sauce packet from taco kit, heat through.
- After pizza crust has pre-baked, top with seasoned meat, then add cheese & black olives. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Add lettuce, tomato, salsa & sour cream. You can also add crushed taco shells from the kit for toppings, or save them for another meal (we can always use tacos around here, so I saved ours to try out these Taco Sandwiches for my kid's lunchboxes!)
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the RecipeIndex or see updated recipes over HERE.
Interact with 5160+Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Wow this looks awesome ! I will be trying this out soon!!!!
Looks like a great recipe! Just a quick question- I want to make sure I am reading something correctly: it says to mix “sauce packet” with meat… I am assuming that is the taco sauce/salsa packet that comes in the kit. I am always second guessing myself when I cook, so I just want to be sure… thanks!
Hi Sarah! Yes – it’s the taco/sauce packet thingie (I was trying to figure out how to explain that one!) Let me know if you all like it!
My family and I use this recipe frequently. It is also really good with refried beans. I add them first to the pizza dough and then the hamburger meat. Yummy! 🙂
I think retried beans would be so yummy on it, but my kids would turn their noses up! Great idea though!
Kim V says
Sounds great! I think I will try this one tonight!
Hope you enjoy it Kim!