FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Enter to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
As much as I'd like to live on Honey Bun Cake and Buckeye Balls, at some point dinner really does have to happen. 🙂 Last night I actually cooked (WOOHOO!), and my little family gobbled up every last bite. You've probably got most of the ingredients in your pantry or fridge, and if they're not you can score them pretty cheaply this week at Publix!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up, see more step-by-step instructions along with beautiful pictures over HERE
- 4 large chicken breasts Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Variety – $5.99, use $2/2 Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Variety printable, or Perdue Boneless Chicken Breasts, 3.99/lb
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers $1/1 Nabisco Crackers printable, $1/2 Nabisco Crackers printable, $1/2 Nabisco Crackers printable or $1/2 Nabisco Crackers, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 11/13/11 R)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 C cheddar cheese, grated Kraft Shredded Cheese BOGO $3.99, use $0.55/1 Select Philadelphia or Kraft Cheeses (Kraft Food & Family)
- 1 t dried parsley
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup $1/5 Campbell's Condensed “Great For Cooking” Soup printable
- 2 T sour cream $1/2 Breakstone's Sour Cream printable
- 2 T butter $1/2 Land O Lakes Butter (try zip 62946) or $1/1 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Tub Product printable (I used the spread because that's what was in my fridge!)
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
- Crush Ritz crackers in food processor, or, if you're like me (and don't have one!), place crackers in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Mix Ritz crackers with salt & pepper in small loaf pan or pie plate. To make breading easy, pour milk into a separate pan, and in another pan place the cheddar cheese.
- Dip chicken in milk, then cheddar cheese, then cracker crumbs. Place breaded chicken in greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cover pan with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile (after chicken has baked for about 30 minutes), mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter in pan on stovetop. Whisk ingredients together over medium high heat until hot. Serve over chicken when the chicken is done.
Serve with . . .
- Mashed Potatoes (Idaho Potatoes, 5 lb bag On Sale $2.50) or Baked Sweet Potatoes Sweet Potatoes (On Sale $0.39/lb)
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and visit $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 6737+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
This was delicious and SO EASY!!! THANKS FOR SHARING 🙂
Yayyyy – so glad you liked it Karla! (I’m all about easy!!!) 🙂
Gena Baker says
I love a good chicken recipe! Thanks for sharing this it sounds yummy…and maybe it will make me stop eating peanut butter fudge, haha.
That’s exactly why I made it Gena … it’s been nothing but fudge for a few days around her now! 🙂