FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
What Are Walgreens Register Rewards and Balance Rewards?
There's so much to shopping at Walgreens because they offer multiple rewards programs, but with a little work I think you can get the hang of it! The basic thing you'll want to remember is that Register Rewards and Balance Rewards kind of come from different “pots”, so try to separate them in your head. Let's get started . . .
1. What is a Register Reward?
Register Rewards are coupons that print out at the register when you purchase specific items on sale each week, which will allow you to save money on a future purchase. You can only use these coupons at Walgreens, but Register Rewards do say “manufacturer coupon” across the top of the coupon.
If you're familiar with “catalinas” as grocery savings at other stores, a Register Reward is very similar ~ basically a catalina that prints off at checkout towards your next purchase.
2. Register Rewards are like real cash at Walgreens,
Each week Walgreens offers a few items for free or very close to free after Register Rewards. You can also use coupons on each of these items to have a smaller out of pocket cost, and the Register Rewards will print at checkout to use on your next Walgreens purchase.
3. You can “roll” your Register Rewards.
You can roll your Register Rewards towards other sales at Walgreens, however you cannot use those same Register Rewards to purchase identical items with Register Rewards a second time, and then receive another Register Rewards. Essentially, Register Rewards are manufacturer coupons that print out at checkout, and if you use them to purchase another identical item, the computer system at Walgreens will not allow it to print another Register Reward.
For example: If you purchase deodorant for $2 and it includes $2 in Register Rewards, you can use it to purchase more deodorant for free by paying with the $2 Register Rewards you earned in the first transaction. However, another $2 in Register Rewards will not print.
4. Walgreens also offers Balance Rewards (this is where it gets a little confusing.)
Balance Rewards are earned when you purchase specific items each week that offer Balance Rewards with purchase. Balance Rewards range in value from 500 to 30,000 points.
5. Once you've earned 5,000 Balance Rewards points, you can redeem your Balance Rewards.
You'll see these savings automatically when you check out using your Balance Rewards card, and you can also check your Balance Rewards account statement online.
6. There are limits on how you can use your Balance Rewards Points.
If you're purchasing an item that offers Register Rewards, you can purchase that item using Balance Rewards and still receive more Register Rewards. You can also purchase an item that earns Balance Rewards using your Register Rewards. HOWEVER, you can not purchase an item that earns Balance Rewards and receive more Balance Rewards (just like you can't purchase an item with Register Rewards and receive more Register Rewards.
Stop back tomorrow to learn exactly how to use your Walgreens Register Rewards and Balance Rewards together, and let me know what questions and suggestions you have as well! If you're new to drug store shopping, you'll want to also read through these posts to get started:
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 1)
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 2): How to Save at CVS
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 3): What Is a CVS “ECB”?
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 4): Make Sense of CVS Scenarios
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 5): Extra CVS Tips
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 6): How to Save at Rite Aid
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 7): What is a Rite Aid +UP?
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 8): Rite Aid Coupon Stacking & Exclusions
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 9): Making Sense of Rite Aid Scenarios
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 10): Extra Rite Aid Tips
- 15 Days of Pinching Pennies at the Drug Stores (Day 11): How To Save at Walgreens
- Updated list of CVS savings currently available
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.