I started this project way back in March, and realized this morning as I was going through my draft posts here on PPP that I never finished it for you!
Because our basement is so dark, it's REALLY hard to get decent photographs, but I decided just to share these quick ones from my phone with you.
I have a really hard time putting holes in walls (especially big walls!), but have a ton of pictures that haven't gotten hung since moving to Ohio (3 years ago ~ eek!), and decided it was finally ready to tackle that job.
With a friend's help I found these fun shelves at Hobby Lobby (which I love because I can swap pictures out without adding more holes), and was able to update a bland wall in our basement without spend too much.
(All I purchased were a few frames and the shelving, so I spent less than $100 by re-using the chalkboard, clock, chair & a few other items that I already had.)
It's not perfect, and I know there are lots of designer/decorators who would do much better, but for me it's a happy little space with a few of my favorite things. 🙂
(It really does look better in real life though ~ the lighting is just awful down there but hope this gives you an idea! If you peak closely to the right you can also see our almost finished basement kitchenette ~ I'm hoping my hubby will finish it up soon so I can show you the whole thing!)
If you have a space in your home that needs some fluffing, I encourage you today to first clean it up (that helps so much!) and then maybe pinch a few pennies so you can maybe spend a little money to fluff up that space you love. I'm glad I waited, but now that it's done this area makes me so happy each day!
I’d love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!
More rooms we’ve updated in our home . . .
- $3 Front Door Makeover
- Mudroom Makeover (More Than A Makeover)
- Our Bedroom Makeover: And Why Our House May Always Be a Little Hodge-Podgey.
- Our Small Dining Room Update (After 20 Years . . . )
- Foyer Lighting Updates (And 3 Options When You Think You’ve Messed It Up.)
- Office Update (I love this one!)
- Outdoor Living Space (and How We Saved $10K by Doing it Ourselves)
- Guest Bedroom Makeover
- Update for a Plain Alcove
- Kitchen: Metal Pendant Shade Update
- Powder Room Update: Wallpaper, Trim Work & Woodwork
- Free Command Center
- Dining Room: Goodwill Lamp Makeover
- Dining Room: Monogrammed Burlap Table Runner
- Dining Room: Painted Piano
- Master Bathroom: Goodwill Frame Upcycle
- Family Room: Goodwill Chair Makeover
- Basement: $70 Storage Bin Shelving
- Girls Bathroom Update: Mod Podge Monograms
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.