FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
There are several changes coming up in the next several weeks to the CVS ad in some cities. My buddy Shannon has made several phone calls and talked with our store manager several times to try to get more information, and here's what we've found out:
- Starting this Sunday, CVS will put out two separate ads: one for specific states included in the “test market” and a separate ad for the rest of the country.
- You can determine if you're in the “test market” by looking at your ad online HERE. If your ad shows up as a 4 day ad under when you click on “upcoming weekly ads”, then your store will have the test market ad.
- If your area receives the test ad, your ad will run Sunday through Tuesday, and a new ad will start Wednesday through Saturday.
- People in states other than those will receive a regular CVS ad, very similar to what we've seen in the past.
- The ad in test areas is significantly smaller than our normal CVS ads, and consists mostly of deals on store brand items. (Ughhh!) However, it is possible that we can print the CVS ad for other areas from the CVS website (by entering a zip code other than our own), and showing it at the cashier at checkout. For example, use the zip code 90210 to see what California's ad looks like, and print that to have CVS price match those deals. (We'll let you know more details as we see if they are going to allow this for sure, but that's the impression that we're given right now.)
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
I do not like the new CVS flier in today’s paper. There is only one ECB deal available. I have no interest in going there twice a week. Guess I’ll need to start looking to Rite Aid and Walgreen’s more.
Thank you so much for posting this. I’m from AL and am greatly distressed about the news. I just wrote CVS an email (contacting them from their website) asking them to go back to their weekly ads and telling them there is NO way I’m shopping there 2 times a week and that most shoppers do NOT purchase CVS brand items. We’ll see what happens.
It sounds like from what you said there will be a second ad for wed through Saturday. Us that ad available yet?
I have trouble getting there when they give me 7 days. I’ll never make it with just 3!! Really do not see how this will benefit the company when they will potentially lose so many shoppers. And, on a grouchy note, the clerks and manager at our ONE store are not very friendly or helpful. This may not effect me afterall. Sorry, Mom, I know you always said, “iif you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”