There are several changes coming up in the next several weeks to the CVS ad in some cities. My buddy Shannon has made several phone calls and talked with our store manager several times to try to get more information, and here's what we've found out:
- Starting this Sunday, CVS will put out two separate ads: one for specific states included in the “test market” and a separate ad for the rest of the country.
- You can determine if you're in the “test market” by looking at your ad online HERE. If your ad shows up as a 4 day ad under when you click on “upcoming weekly ads”, then your store will have the test market ad.
- If your area receives the test ad, your ad will run Sunday through Tuesday, and a new ad will start Wednesday through Saturday.
- People in states other than those will receive a regular CVS ad, very similar to what we've seen in the past.
- The ad in test areas is significantly smaller than our normal CVS ads, and consists mostly of deals on store brand items. (Ughhh!) However, it is possible that we can print the CVS ad for other areas from the CVS website (by entering a zip code other than our own), and showing it at the cashier at checkout. For example, use the zip code 90210 to see what California's ad looks like, and print that to have CVS price match those deals. (We'll let you know more details as we see if they are going to allow this for sure, but that's the impression that we're given right now.)