FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
My friend Nikki makes this recipe with seasonal colored M&Ms for each holiday, and it makes a great special treat for your family this time of year. It also matches the sale ad this week at Publix incredibly well . . . which should help you pinch an extra penny or two while enjoying a yummy dessert! Thanks so much for sending over the recipe Nikki . . . I've got the items on my grocery list so that we can make it over the weekend. 🙂
Fall Popcorn Ring
- 10-12 cups popped popcorn (2 standard bags plain white microwave popcorn works–remove old maids) Pop-Secret Premium Popcorn, BOGO $4.70, Use $0.50/2, $1/2 Pop Secret Product, exp. 10/23/11 (RP 09/11/11)
20 pieces caramel Publix Candy – Penny Item or Kraft Traditional Caramels, 14-oz bag BOGO $2.70
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 bag (16 oz) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&Ms Use $1.50/2 M&M coupon
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts Emerald Nuts (check to see if Peanuts included in the sale) BOGO $5.80, Use $1.50/2 Emerald Nuts Product printable
- Soften the caramels in the microwave (about 45-60 seconds).
- Add the butter and marshmallows and melt (30 seconds at a time, 3-4 times). Mix together.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix.
- Add the M&Ms and peanuts.
- Add to an angel food cake pan (lightly coated with butter if it is not non-stick) and press firmly.
- Let sit for 30-6- minutes. Remove from cake pan and top with a few more M&Ms to make it look pretty. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out the new Recipe Gallery for more recipe ideas! Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and visit $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
Interact with 5938+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Hi Linda! I just tried it and it’s working for me…. maybe try one more time?
Trying to print this recipe, but when I click on the “print friendly” link it does not come up. Is it me or is there a problem with the link?