My friend Nikki makes this recipe with seasonal colored M&Ms for each holiday, and it makes a great special treat for your family this time of year. It also matches the sale ad this week at Publix incredibly well . . . which should help you pinch an extra penny or two while enjoying a yummy dessert! Thanks so much for sending over the recipe Nikki . . . I've got the items on my grocery list so that we can make it over the weekend. 🙂
Fall Popcorn Ring
- 10-12 cups popped popcorn (2 standard bags plain white microwave popcorn works–remove old maids) Pop-Secret Premium Popcorn, BOGO $4.70, Use $0.50/2, $1/2 Pop Secret Product, exp. 10/23/11 (RP 09/11/11)
20 pieces caramel Publix Candy – Penny Item or Kraft Traditional Caramels, 14-oz bag BOGO $2.70
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 bag (16 oz) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&Ms Use $1.50/2 M&M coupon
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts Emerald Nuts (check to see if Peanuts included in the sale) BOGO $5.80, Use $1.50/2 Emerald Nuts Product printable
- Soften the caramels in the microwave (about 45-60 seconds).
- Add the butter and marshmallows and melt (30 seconds at a time, 3-4 times). Mix together.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix.
- Add the M&Ms and peanuts.
- Add to an angel food cake pan (lightly coated with butter if it is not non-stick) and press firmly.
- Let sit for 30-6- minutes. Remove from cake pan and top with a few more M&Ms to make it look pretty. Enjoy!
Interact with 5938+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.