FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
Butterscotch Bites (recipe can be doubled)
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened may substitute with margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar $0.50/2 Domino Brown or Confectioners Sugar, exp. 11/25/11 (RP 08/28/11 R)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/6 cup butterscotch chips $0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels printable
- 1 8 ct. tube Pillsbury crescent rolls Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 4 oz can $1.00 (will need two cans) Use $0.40/2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls printable or $0.40/2 Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls exp. 10/29/11 (GM 08/07/11)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar $0.50/1 Imperial Poly Light Brown, Dark Brown, or Powdered Sugar printable
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, then stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Open up each tube of crescent dough, then cut each tube into 4 rectangles. Spread with butter mixture. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Cut each into six 1-in. slices; place cut side down into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.
- Yield: 2 dozen
If you're looking for some other yummy ideas to bake up this week, take a look at Pumpkin Bread or Almost Homemade Cinnamon Rolls, or Gooey Butter Cake. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Full Bellies, Happy Kids. Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
Interact with 5480+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals, or subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email!
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply