Butterscotch Bites (recipe can be doubled)
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened may substitute with margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar $0.50/2 Domino Brown or Confectioners Sugar, exp. 11/25/11 (RP 08/28/11 R)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/6 cup butterscotch chips $0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels printable
- 1 8 ct. tube Pillsbury crescent rolls Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 4 oz can $1.00 (will need two cans) Use $0.40/2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls printable or $0.40/2 Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls exp. 10/29/11 (GM 08/07/11)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar $0.50/1 Imperial Poly Light Brown, Dark Brown, or Powdered Sugar printable
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, then stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Open up each tube of crescent dough, then cut each tube into 4 rectangles. Spread with butter mixture. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Cut each into six 1-in. slices; place cut side down into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.
- Yield: 2 dozen
Recipe adapted from Full Bellies, Happy Kids. Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index.
Interact with 5480+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals, or subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.